I picked up a rat today

TeeUK

Reaction score
I put him in cage with a cream biscuit, he ate a little but sadly died after few hours poor little thing.

It was a smallish one, my dog was mouthing it in garden I just ran out and picked it up by tail without thinking of the germs! Scrubbed my hands after but a bit paranoid now as I just licked my fingers after eating Doritos should I be concerned?

i picked up a mouse a few weeks ago, washed my hands thoroughly and ive been fine.

id just say if you feel unusually unwell, like feverish, vomiting, diarrhea etc, then get checked out asap.

xx

Last edited:
Thank you Bumble none of the above so far xxx

no problem :)

just keep an eye out for any unusual symptoms, but i think you will be fine

xxxx

As long as you wash your hands really well afterwards you'll be fine i'm sure. If you think about all the things we touch every day and all the potential germs that could be on them we've probably been exposed to just about everything!

So true babyelmo...I'm just glad it didn't bite me it was having a good try, I love all animals, had all types of pets over the years including rats lol

I have too, I loved keeping ratties! Such sweet little fellas! I keep pythons now so the only rats I handle these days are defrosted ones. Even then I just wash my hands afterwards and so far i've been fine.

Rats make great pets my mum used to rescue them from all over the place social wee creatures xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back