I just had a lager shandy :(

TiffanyJaynexo

Reaction score
My parents and sister picked me up at 6pm to take the dog for a nice walk up the mountains, on our way back we stopped at a pub and I had a small lager shandy, I felt so bad drinking it!

At the same time I don't feel as bad because I know a woman who drank Guinness throughout her pregnancy and her daughter (now 20 years old) was perfectly fine and born with teeth!

Grace was kicking away after I ate the plate of chips so I don't think I've done her harm, just can't help but feeling bad though.

xxx

It won't hurt at all babe! It isn't like u had 10 pints of Stella or anythig

Aw dont feel bad most of the shandy was prob lemonade anyway, that one wont hunt hun it;s not like you had a shot! x

Don't feel guilty you only had one and diluted it, you'll be fine. I had a spritzer last week, tiny amount of wine topped up with lemonade with a meal xxx :)

Thanks girls, my sister is law is staying here tonight and she said it's fine and that if 'smack heads' can have healthy babies I'm sure I will :lol: xxx

Awww hun don't feel bad! The odd one wont hurt! I beat myself up over having a bit of alco pop so I know how you feel, but really its like mopmum said, they put 95% lemonade into a shandy in the pub! X x x

yeah you and baby will be fine. i had half a glass of mulled wine (i know its july lol) last week and everything was fine at my scan. been craving a baileys but been saying no lol but at least you werent like that woman in america who tried to abort her baby by exessive drinking and the baby had alcohol poisoning and she was one of the first women to be convicted. but anyway compared to her a glass of shandy is nothing x

I've had a martini today too over at my parents house cos they had a BBQ. I had the occassional glass of wine while pregnant with my DS too and he was fine. You can occcassionally have 1-2 units of alcohol when pregnant and it is safe still for the baby (so up to 2 small glasses of wine or equivilent). I've recently come back off holiday too and had a few drnks out in Spain but don't feel bad. A lot of people do it and it causes no harm :) xxxx

Thank you for the replies!
Yeah it was only a small glass, smaller than a can of coke/fanta etc
xxx

Ur so sweet worrying! I had 3 bottles of beer and a prawn the day before j found out andbi was mortified my gp just laughed at me

Dont feel bad hun... I had a small glass of white wine tonite.
DH took me out for my birthday dinner and I thought if ever In gonna have a drink whilst pg then its tonite :)

I think you can have two units before your body lets anything into the placenta :) so dont worry missis!

Dont worry , I have had the odd glass of red wine as my GP tole me it was just fine . :hugs: but if it worried you as much as it seems to have just dont have any more , worrying would be far more upsetting for your little girl than a very small shandy xx

Yup, I've had the odd small glass of wine and havent worried at all. I'm much more paranoid about other things, lol. Like I totally forgot and ate goats cheese recently, and I had some lobster the other night, just a couple of bites but I knew I shouldnt. I ate a whole packet of chocolate logs and was sick. Stuff like that ;-)

Yeah I'm very careful when it comes to food too, I'm always double checking and reading labels :lol: xxx

I bought some of those shandy bass drinks, although its not shandy bass, it's like sainsburys own i think lol. It has 0.5% alcohol in it, so those cans you can buy when you're a kid pretending to drink! Pretty good :) x

To witness the affects of alcholism and addiction on babies its just god awful the mental, emotional, physical disabilities these poor babies are born with....you would most definately not say that they are ok, most are most definately not born ok having a mother with an addiction.

Please dont worry youve had a tiny amount of alcohol and the worry is probably more stressful than having that drink please please dont worry and stress youself its not like youve had a skinful hey. I too worry about food stuff from time to time but get over it very quickly take care hun xxx

I still haven't drunk and baby is 3 weeks old!!! I've been on antibiotics so im looking forward to my nice beer sitting in the fridge :)

My entire pregnancy (since I found out at 3 weeks) Ive had 2 small glasses of pear cider and a west coast cooler. I didnt drink at all with DD but after witnessing my sis and sis-in-law having the odd red wine with dinner and an alco pop (although I dont touch them anyway) and having perfectly healthy babies, I allowed myself to have the odd drink.

Ive also witness people, when I worked in nightclubs, that went out twice a week and got drunk that had perfectly healthy babies. I thought it was disgusting looking, people standing with bumps, drinking vodka and usually a cigerette in the other hand!!! So dont feel bad about a shandy, as most of the girls said its mostly lemonade anyway xxx

awww huni don't feel guilty!

I had a bottle of beer last weekend at my brothers birthday party and i've been fine.. its not like you were getting sozzled!!

my mother drank guinness, she craved it, when she was pregnant on my brother and everything was fine....

i'm sure LO is fine! x x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back