Sleep...

solgirl

Reaction score
I am absolutely cream crackered through lack of sleep - my lower back and hips are so painful at night that I cant get / stay comfy :wall: :cry:

I know that i shouldn't sleep on my back as it can harm the blood supply to the baby but is it OK if you are propped up with pillows?

What positions do you guys find comfy?

I really need a few nights decent :sleep:

i always wake up lying on my back, my hips hurting now and i just cant stay on my left all night :cry:

if i need some decent kip, i prop myself up and lie on back

Sleep? What's that? :bored: :shock:

I usually go to sleep on my side OK but wake EVERY time I try to turn over in my sleep because my bump just won't move with me - and my back is starting to hurt.

I think we're just going to have to learn to nap during the day.

Don't they tell you not to sleep on your back because you'll struggle to breathe? If you're not finding it difficult breathing in that position and baby's not complaining, I see no reason why you shouldn't! Ask the midwife though of course.

Best of luck for tonight - I'm dreading it already! :bored:

Don't worry about sleeping on your back :hug:
If you start to go numb anywhere then turn over but you should be fine I'd have thought. :hug: :hug: :hug:

I have a dream genie pillow which is great because with normal pillows the one at my back kept falling off the bed :roll: Also it stops me moving in my sleep, which was so annoying to begin with butis really great now.

I sleep on one side, wake with a sore hip and turn to the other (this time using a seperate pillow between my legs as the dream genie one only works between my legs one way, but at least the bump pillow is there :D ) and repeat until neither side is comfy at which point I go onto my back. Add in a few loo breaks and that's how my nights go.

Kalia, that sounds like EXACTLY how my nights go too. However, you also need to factor in OH whinging at me for waking him up, and occasionally kicking me in the night for no reason! :rotfl:

I toss and turn between left and right side all night :bored: :sleep:

Nicola g said:
I toss and turn between left and right side all night :bored: :sleep:

Same here, if I go to the toilet in the night I'll change sides when I get back.

its preparing u for whats ahead ! for example , i went to be at 11 after his late feed, up at 2 am and the lil sod didnt go back to sleep , thinking poor mite had tummy ache so i been up since 2 am :shock:

I go from one side to the other side and each time I turn it hurts like hell.

i alternate sides too - my full length bolster pillow has been my lifeline... i sleep with my bump on it and with my legs wrapped round it and it makes such a difference. its had to come with us when we've had weekends away cos i just can't sleep without it!

hello
i alternate too and sometimes sleep on my back with pillows (4) propped up, a pillow between my legs helps as well
warm baths, milky drinks all help too x

I dont sleep :sleep: much. What with trying to get comfy, toilet breaks and still having a stupid cough that i cant shift i wake up every few hours (wide awake).

I agree with Gem though its are babies preparing us for whats to come. It would just be nice if baby waited till i started ML then i could nap in the day.

Me too me too! Nice to know we all suffering the same eh? OH has dropped hints to me about the spare room 'cos its nearer the bathroom for you'
So kind of him...lol :roll:

I dream of a good nights sleep!!!!

Got several pillows, 1 between my legs and 1 under my bump, 3 for my head and neck, and hubby gets none coz I nicked all his too!!!!

Hmmmm a good night sleep..... trying to remember what that is like LOL

I turn (with difficulty) from one side to the other all night inbetween countless trips to the toilet... :roll:

have pillows everywhere that usually end up getting thrown out of the bed altogether...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back