I NEED help re: Big carseats

ASD123456

Reaction score
Hi,
Rudy is 1kg from his infant carrier car seat weight limit (13kg, maxi cosi cabriofix). He is only 5 and a half months so too young to go into a forward facing group one seat.

Now I know there are convertible car seats such as the Britax first class but all of these are meant to be turned to forward facing at 13kg anyway so there’s no point getting one of those.

From what I have researched you can get quite a few rear facing car seats for over 13kg but I can’t find any that are sold in the UK. Does anyone know of any? He is already heavy enough to go forward facing but this is just not as safe as rear facing especially considering his age.

Please someone help, I’m at a loose end and don’t know what to do! Plus time is short, we only have a kg to go! :?

Alex xxx

Sherlock definitely has one, she'll be able to help.

Xxx

i have the baby travel safe one its aged 0-4 years and rear faces and reclines and then turns to face forward when they are big enough. i got it from a nursery goods direct warehouse.
they have quite a few that are aged 0-4 xx

Just to check your LO is 12KG at 5 months???? Thats nearly 26lbs? He would be waaaaay over the 99th centile according to my red book? Just wanted to check you havent confused your lbs and kgs? Morgan is 10 months and only weighs 20lb? Am i being thick? :think:

Blimey!! Someones got a BIG baby :) he he.

Sherlock has one im sure...

Im just looking for another seat for the OH's car...

I cant help, but we're looking in to car seats too atm, she's still got quite a way to go before she needs a new one (3lb at least) but we've got the cash for it now and i'll only stress that she's too heavy for her one now when the time comes.

Just to kinda gatecrash the thread a little, her feet are way over the edge of the car seat, is this normal and still safe? :think: She looks too big for it lol

abcd1234 said:
I cant help, but we're looking in to car seats too atm, she's still got quite a way to go before she needs a new one (3lb at least) but we've got the cash for it now and i'll only stress that she's too heavy for her one now when the time comes.

Just to kinda gatecrash the thread a little, her feet are way over the edge of the car seat, is this normal and still safe? :think: She looks too big for it lol

That's absolutely fine! As long as their 'top end' fits in comfortably!

At least that's what I remember from one of Urchin's posts a bit back.

kellysomer said:
Just to check your LO is 12KG at 5 months???? Thats nearly 26lbs? He would be waaaaay over the 99th centile according to my red book? Just wanted to check you havent confused your lbs and kgs? Morgan is 10 months and only weighs 20lb? Am i being thick? :think:

Yep he is a BIG boy, started life outside of the womb at 9lb 8 oz and just got bigger from there. Started to creep off the growth charts at about 7 weeks. He is all in proportion though so was told not to worry.

OH was a bigger baby than Rudy is now, I think I might find you all a picture just for laughs!

ASD123456 said:
kellysomer said:

Yep he is a BIG boy, started life outside of the womb at 9lb 8 oz and just got bigger from there. Started to creep off the growth charts at about 7 weeks. He is all in proportion though so was told not to worry.

OH was a bigger baby than Rudy is now, I think I might find you all a picture just for laughs!

Funny as Galen and OH are proving the same. Although at birth Galen was well over a pound more in weight, within 6 weeks my OH was weighing in lots more and remained a HUGE baby till past his first year. Galen seems to be following suit but isn't quite as big as his Daddy was :lol: He was on the 91st centile at birth and has hung around there hugging it more or less since then. OH was over the 99th by 6 weeks iirc :shock:

Men on my side of the family are tall beefy blokes. Am hoping Galen takes after them :)

Same here Sherlock, all the men on my side of the family are very tall and big as are OHs. From what I can see, tall people tend to have pretty big babies, my OH is 6ft 2 and I'm 5ft 7.

Wow thats fab, then i just wanted to check, wish Morgan would put on some pounds,hmm perhaps i could give him some of my weight from xmas!! :rotfl: Well done and they're gonna be strapping sexy men! :dance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back