bloody typical

Lauz_1601

Reaction score
went to get a forward facing car seat from mothercare today intending to spend around £70-90 but none of the cheaper car seats will fit properly in my car, so now we have to spend £150 :twisted:

Waiting a couple of weeks to save some pennies then will go and get it.

Or does anyone have any idea's where I could get a cheaper forward facing car seat?

I would reccommend the AA shop itself. I've always thought the seats they sell there are good and safe! Worth a try. :D

Emilia xx

i had the same problem - we ended up buying one from halfords which was in the sale for about £100 and if u find cheaper elsewhere they refund the difference!

i spent £100 on mine if u found one thats fits how about looking for that type online to see if u can get it cheaper?

what kind of car have you got?
iv got the maxi cosy priory

its £100 and its great its fit in my last 3 cars?
dawoo matiz
rover 200
passat

I got ours at a big discount baby superstore thing, it was 65 quid.

Its a ford Fiesta. I might try what sarah suggested. going to toys r us today to find one that fits. Think we tried a maxi cosi one Dionne and it didnt fit.

Do places like costco do car seats?

have a look on here

www.kiddicare.co.uk

i just two from them (one for inlaws) and paid £79 for one and £65 the other (free delivery too and it came withing 2 days!)

also try Britax fit finder (usually a link on mothercare or kiddicare) and they will tell you which of thier carseats fits your car.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have a Britax one, I got it fitted the other day and Charlie loves it, it lays back and sits upright, My friend gave it to me and i think its only been used a few times. We only have a two door car (Alfa Romeo 147) and it fits no prob. Hope you find one that fits ok. xxx

dionne

harley is a little chunky monkey isnt he. he is gorgeous and Dior is like a sleeping princess, she is lovely.xxx

Have you tried the Argos 17.99(i think) one? The cheapest one anyways. I bought it and it fits in 2 of my friends' cars.

I'm gonna buy a new car seat soon! Hate the one I got. I like the one you've got Dionne, looks really comfy! Mine is awful can't wait to get rid!

We have also been looking for car seats today, can't believe how expensive they are.

We bought a new car last year and were told it had Isofix, guess what went to Mothercare and they tried fitting a seat, no Isofix in the car not very happy with the garage.

We were going to try looking on the web to see if we could find them cheaper.

I was also told in Mothercare to leave Katie in the rear facing seat as long as possible but she looks so uncomfortable in it, plus she has to sit in the back and can't see me when I am driving and gets quite frustrated at times.

their is a website you can go on and they tell you what car seats fit in which cars, i'll find out what it is and let you know lauz

their is a website you can go on and they tell you what car seats fit in which cars, i'll find out what it is and let you know lauz
Hi there lauz if you check out this link on the britax website it has a fit finder on it so it will be able to check what car seat will fit you type of car and where in your car. Hope this will help. (i found it useful in getting frankie's car seat)!

http://www.britax.co.uk/FitFinder/GB/FitFinder.php

already sadi this in my reply :D

sucsess! I got the Maxi Cosi one like yours Dionee, I love it. Dont think we tried that one at mothercare. Anywaythe woman at toy's r us tried two and they fitted fine, she doesnt the the woman at mothercare knew what she was doing! and it was also reduced to £80, very pleased and Ella is pleased with her new seat, its so much better being able to see her when I turn around! Ella is much happier because she has more room and can see mummy! :)

liam is going to have joshuas britax but the only problem is i bought it as i liked the design on the cover but it is a wool material and it makes them sweat a bit. but when i phoned britax they wanted £28 for a replacment cover. may look on ebay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back