I miss caffine...

minniemaker

Reaction score
Did anyone else give up caffine when ttc? I read it somewhere so thought Id give it a try... oh how I miss it!!

Literally going to fall asleep at my desk any moment..:nap:

Hi! Sorry you're feeling slleeeeeppppyyy. Hehe and I bet that didn't help!

All I've read just says reduce it, or yes, don't have any. There are recommended amounts for during pregnancy too. I'm just having half a spoon of coffee in a morning, or I get a bad headache. I have chocolate too, but not too much as it also has caffeine!

Xx oh green tea has less caffeine than tea, if you like that!

ha ha! You can really drive yourself nuts can't you with all the tips and rules to help get pregnant or when pregnant!... I'll try the green tea though see what its like thanks :)

I'm not sure that I would have coped this morning without a Starbucks! I don't drink too much tea or coffee though, just the odd starbucks when the thought of coming to work requires a boost...!

I heart starbucks ! I was never too bad, just one when I woke up and one mid morning. Hoping I'll get past wanting it soon ha!

I tried to cut it out completely the other week but I kept having dizzy spells so now I only have 1 cup a day in the morning. I don't know if it was just a coincidence but having that 1 cup made all the difference. I was really grumpy first thing in the morning without it too so I think everyone around me was glad I allowed myself just the one lol

Personally i didnt give up caffine when i was ttc as i dont drink or smoke so my one thing is pepsi i looove pepsi. Now im pregnant i do have pepsi but ive cut it down but i do still have caffine. Its my one 'treat' lol xx

I also think its ok in moderation like most things personally x

Last edited:
I don't think I could give up caffeine with as busy as I am!!! Plus, it's like part of my routine....good luck!!!!

I gave up booze about 5 months before coming off the pill, gave up caffeine in April and am now drinking water only. That's more of a health thing but thought it would be great practise for pregnancy :)

I've gone onto de-caff and luckily the coffee I normally drink do a de-caff version too and in my opinion it tastes the same.
I don't drink much but trying to be a little healthier xx

I miss caffine soooooo much! I've started drinking decaf too if I'm tired and it does trick me into being less grumpy x x

Yes you can definitely drive yourself crazy...oh that note I read that green tea can be good for ttc! Something to do with antioxidants!

Ooh I love the odd diet coke! I think one coffee, or similar in the morning won't hurt. It's just if you're drinking 6 cups a day or something, which I'm sure can't be good for non pregnant or non ttc people! xx

I have one in the morning to wake me up and then another mid to late afternoon to keep me going! lol....only instant stuff, nothing too strong ;)

I love coffee but only the strong stuff so im on decaff tea and no coffee at all!!

but i have 2 cups of propper tea a day (at most) one in the morning and one at night.
ive switched to decaff coke too

what i really miss, though is earl grey (even decaff) ! it had bergemot oil in and you cant have that when youre pregnant :(

its odd how much you get used to decaff though

I gave up caffeine during my first tri of pregnancy then I gave in and had a coffee they say 200mg a day while preg is fine so I think the same applys when ttc. Remember caffeine is in chocolate too and in cola iron bru energy drinks etc. Honestly though iv swooped out my coffees in this weather for fruit boosters and milk shakes and I find caffeine free coke tastes exactly the same as for chocolate o went off it during preg so rarely have much anyway. De caf tea or coffee is rank tho so if I want one I just have one I just don't go mad. The alcohol thing I have been t total though again they do say 1unit a week is fine now. I find kopperburg alcohol free pear cider tastes just like the real deal and the closest wine match is Asda own sparkling Muscat. Iv found a red wine substitute in York alcohol free fruit punch. But only found that online. I will admit iv missed alcohol though. The problem with ttc ladies is it can be long and arduous and I think stopping all preg banned or limited thingscan be ddemoralizing at times especially if the journey to bfp is long I used to compromise and drink the week of my period and the week after then not drink for the 2ww and I didn't drink heavy binges at all. Best of luck to you all you will get there xxxx

Thank you and good luck to you for a safe new arrival...I see the little one is almost fully cooked! :)

I don't feel too bad today, think it must have been caffine withdrawals going to keep with the decaf for this month, see if it makes a difference :)

I gave it up in 2002 as it made me feel weird, so much so I ended up in hospital on a heart rate monitor. I can't say I've missed it at all. It's weird when I'm at business meetings and there is always "coffee" before, I just have water or juice. The main thing it helped with was sleep, since then, I've had a full 8hrs! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back