I may sound thick

Fingers crossed

Reaction score
I've heard people on here mention dream feeding, but what exactly do you mean? I don't get up in the night until jess is awake, do you mean i could feed her when she's sleeping but just stirring?

I used to dream feed Ella when I went to bed, either by boob or expressed milk. I'd lift her out of her crib, brush my nipple or the teat across her mouth and wait for her to start feeding. It normally meant that she'd then sleep a little longer when I went to bed :) If she didn't stir immediately I'd squeeze a little milk out and put it on the top of her lip so she could smell it, worked really well :)

We (actually OH) did this with C from about 10 weeks, usually EBM. IT meant that she didn't really wake for a feed, but by giving her a feed when we went to bed, I got a longer stretch of sleep. Before that, she would sleep from about 7pm to 12, and then wake for a feed.

I tried this last night before we went to bed but its quite tricky trying to shove your boob in a very asleep baby, she wasnt having any of it lol. Will have another go tonight with EBM, but Im scared to wake her too much in case she wont go back to sleep! :lol:

when we started we did it 30min before he usually woke for a night feed - so if he woke up it wasn't the end of the world :)

leland will not dreamfeed tho , if his asleep his asleep and he just will keep his gob wide open with the bottle in :rotfl: told u his a lazy feeder lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back