I look like a dot to dot :o(

frangelle

Reaction score
I have never suffered with spots really, but right no my face, chest and back is covered in them, I look awful :(

How long does this normally last, I didn't get them with my last pregnancy, I presume it's normal???

dont worry i broke out in spots wen i was around 14 weeks. mine went away so urz should too. dont worry :hug:
xnatx

Hi Frangelle,

I had to reply to this post, because I suffer very badly with the same problem.

Since being pregnant, my back, shoulders, chest area and face have just broken out. I'm covered!! I've had various creams from the GP but refuse to take antibiotics. My DH religiously rubs the cream in every morning after my shower, but they aren't getting any better. I'm getting scars now and I'll probably have them for life!!

But if this is the only problem I suffer with in pregnancy, I rekon it's worth it.

It is soooo depressing though!! I'm dreading the summer because I won't be able to wear anything that shows my back or shoulders. I honestly look like I have chicken pox!

K.xx

KJ said:
Hi Frangelle,

I had to reply to this post, because I suffer very badly with the same problem.

Since being pregnant, my back, shoulders, chest area and face have just broken out. I'm covered!! I've had various creams from the GP but refuse to take antibiotics. My DH religiously rubs the cream in every morning after my shower, but they aren't getting any better. I'm getting scars now and I'll probably have them for life!!

But if this is the only problem I suffer with in pregnancy, I rekon it's worth it.

It is soooo depressing though!! I'm dreading the summer because I won't be able to wear anything that shows my back or shoulders. I honestly look like I have chicken pox!

K.xx

I know already I feel frumpy and unattractive without having red bumps everywhere :x I just feel really manky!! My skins not greasy or anything so i presume its my hormones, I cleanse every morning but it's doing no good!!!

It's definitely hormones, and I am convinced it's the testosterone from having a boy. So maybe you're having one too!!

K.xx

I heard that if you're carrying a boy, you're more likely to suffer from spots due to the testosterone.

KJ said:
It's definitely hormones, and I am convinced it's the testosterone from having a boy. So maybe you're having one too!!

K.xx

D'oh I was hoping for a girl this time round :wall:

After finding out I was pregnant, I noticed I started having spots on my face and my back and it was really bad for a few weeks and it went on for up until last week more or less when they started fading. Now, my face seems to have cleared a bit, but I think it will take a while for my back to get back to normal.

Hormones, hormones, hormones... :shakehead:

Hi there,

I thought I was the only one suffering from bright red, sore and ugly chicken pox looking spots.

It is a complete nightmare. I was thinking of going to my GP when I get my free prescription card in.

I have had these spots for several weeks now, and am begining to worry about wearing nice clothes in the summer and also scaring.

Can anyone recommend a good cream I should request from my GP?

Hi NIE,

it depends, if you are ok with having antibiotic creams, they're probably going to be the most effective.

Otherwise, I've found the best one is Dermol. It's usually prescribed for people with eczema and other similar skin conditions. I think it may have cleared mine slightly, although that's not saying much!! It has definitley helped with the itching, cause mine were itching horribly! They now don't, so it makes it easier for me not to scratch them and make them worse.

I see no signs of them going away though, I'm justs stocking up on a lot of lightweight floaty tops that cover my back and shoulders, to keep me cool in the summer.

I have a feeling I'm going to have some nasty reminders of these spots all my life though, although I guess it means my little man is producing a lot of testosterone, which I presume is a good thing!

K.xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back