I Like to make Cards

JJ Mum

Reaction score
I would love my own business soon - making cards to stock small unique shops with the types of cards that the large card makers would never make.
I only really make 3D cards as don't like flat boring cards. It is quite a scarey thought, but I would like to do something really rewarding before or after the baby rather than being just another admin in a large company.

Let me know what you think... esp you wilma - fellow crafter!

Attachments

• 60th Bday Dad.jpg
    60th Bday Dad.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 8
  • Goalie Mask Card.jpg
    Goalie Mask Card.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 9
  • Karate Bday.jpg
    Karate Bday.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 6
Here are a couple more pics - pls ignore the note under pics, I couldn't remove

Attachments

• Star Wars.jpg
    Star Wars.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 5
  • Harry Potter card toppers x2.jpg
    Harry Potter card toppers x2.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 7
  • Teddy Balloon Grandad 60th.jpg
    Teddy Balloon Grandad 60th.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 4
Last one really!

Attachments

• Rocket Toppers x2.jpg
    Rocket Toppers x2.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 2
  • Champers and flowers x2.jpg
    Champers and flowers x2.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 4
  • Teacher Thankyou Toppers.jpg
    Teacher Thankyou Toppers.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 3
Hey JJ they are great.....your really good too!! I would def get cracking making some more...have you ever done a craft fair or summer fair? They sell really at things like that and people who attend usually know how much time and effort has gone into them and are porepared to pay a little extra for them......

Fab!!! xxx

JJ Ive posted a couple more pics...if theres any you want a template for on any of my links just let me know and i will either post or email them to you....Ive got all sorts so if its not here just ask...xxx

They are fantastic! Love the champagne and flowers ones!

Thanks both, I have lost my work bench at the moment , and things are everywhere, but need to get something sorted back on as def not going back to my horrible job after baby!! Cards you can do at night time just fine.

Here are a couple more - Wilma if you liked the Teddys one,(it had some Metal alluminum tooling foil ballons too and the bears are really madeof extremly thin sticky furry stuff!) - here is another teddy name one for a Christening , and Sam's Mum the champagne and flowers card topper , had little pink brads on the cake as candles so they are touchy feely and 3D! All the text is embossed in silver with a heatgun and layered on coorinating card.

right you have set me off, I am going to make two birthday cards tonight for two friends that have the same birthday on sunday! - I feel inspired now

Any other card makers out there other than Wilma and I ?

Attachments

• Fish anchor and lighthouse tag toppers x3.jpg
    Fish anchor and lighthouse tag toppers x3.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 2
  • Football thankyou.jpg
    Football thankyou.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 1
  • Teddy named balloons bday.jpg
    Teddy named balloons bday.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Yeah I'm a seasoned crafter! Have done quite a few fairs over the last couple of years and got a lot of positive feed back. I've not done too many cards since becoming pregnant but I've done all the stuff for five weddings in the last couple of months. I'd love to get into this sort of thing properly as I definately don't want to go back to my job but we'll just have to see...
Keep up the good work xxx

Inspired JJ and so you should be they are lovely.....
Rakrak.....is it mainly card crafting your into too?

God I get so excited when I do anything to do with any of the crafting I do I think I have an addiction lol but isnt it so fulfilling tho?

Ive got 2 new baby cards, birthdyay cards for 2 nieces, 100 save the date and 100 wedding invitations, a silver wedding anniversary card this weekend.....next week I have....a 2 tier silver wedding anniversary cake for next fri (go away fri too eeeekk), then when come back ive got a birthday tower celebration cake, a 2 tier 18th birthday cake and a chirstening tower celebration cake....Im going to be pooped but I LOVE it......lol ....I can hear my bed calling already lol!

Rakrak do you enjoy the craft fairs? I love them..... :)

Yeah I really enjoyed the fairs - always did quite well and got loads of tips from others too. I started with the cards then moved to wedding stationery. Am trying a few things new like wood carving, jewellery making and am getting more into photography. I'd love to try sugar crafting too as I've seen some lovely sfuff. Basically I'll give anything a go if I've got the time - theres just so much to try, where do I start first!!! xxx

Oh another thing I've got into within the last couple of years is Scrapbooking. Now little babs is on the way I'll have loads to do...xxx

Ah Im busy making a scrap book for my DD 18th....still nearly 2yrs yet but I can gather lots more pics till then....have to admit its not something I love doing coz I get bored with it taking so long I like to do a project/card then move on to the next one lol but Im enjoying it bit by bit!

Yeah I love craft fairs...bother attending and traiding....theres so many talented people out there isnt there.....

I love taking pics and would at some point also like to get into it a bit more seriously coz I just love natural pics....and wood carving that sounds great..... ;-)

Sugar craft in really great too I love it...I tend not to be into the flower sugar craft as im nore into the slightly different type of celebration cakes lol....doing a stars and spirals one next week....so busy making, painting and sparkling up about 150 stars ans spirals of all shapes and sizes and colours....great fun!!

I love jewelly making loads its so relazing and I can be as creatively wild or as sedate as the orders Im making allows....lol love it!

xxxx

Wow you two !,
Wilma you sound chocha with Cakes, the most I do it Muffins, kids cakes , scones etc, but I do love it, I actually love to bake when the kids are in bed, or else there is allways one of them that comes in the kitchen , just as you get the wooden spoon out, and then they get to make them instead of me!

Rakrak, yayyy another crafter ! You sound pretty experianced in the fairs then. I fancy doing a local farmers and producers market, but not ready yet, as I have only just got back into it, and can't find any of my stuff , somes in the loft, somes under the bed! nightmare

I finally made these two bday cards tonight, just finished My problem is I'm such a perfectionist that I always take ages! Don't know if I would ever make any money!:whistle:

Attachments

• Clare and Jo Bday card.jpg
    Clare and Jo Bday card.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 2
  • Clare Jo Bday closeup topper.jpg
    Clare Jo Bday closeup topper.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 2
Wow you two !,
Wilma you sound chocha with Cakes, the most I do it Muffins, kids cakes , scones etc, but I do love it, I actually love to bake when the kids are in bed, or else there is allways one of them that comes in the kitchen , just as you get the wooden spoon out, and then they get to make them instead of me!

Rakrak, yayyy another crafter ! You sound pretty experianced in the fairs then. I fancy doing a local farmers and producers market, but not ready yet, as I have only just got back into it, and can't find any of my stuff , somes in the loft, somes under the bed! nightmare

I finally made these two bday cards tonight, just finished My problem is I'm such a perfectionist that I always take ages! Don't know if I would ever make any money!:whistle:

Thanks JJ....prob taken on too much at once knowing me lol but I just cant help myself I just love doing them all!! lol

I LOVE thos cards youve just posted....but yes know what you mean....thing about crafting cards etc is that you never get your money back for your time and barely make it on your materials as I have to have everything perfect too...and can take ages to make some cards!! lol I dont mind tho coz I love doing it....

;-) xxx

wow JJ very nice and another card maker too :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back