I know she is a bit young

Melanie

Reaction score
Thea's gums looked sore today and she was grumpy because of it (seriously why does this first tooth take so long to come through!). We decided to try giving her some frozen fruit in her baby safe feeder to see if that would help because she hates those teething rings.

I gave her some frozen melon and she loved it! It really seemed to help her gums and she had such a big smile on her face while she was chomping on it! I wont do it too often but its good to know there is something i can do to help her when her gums hurt.

Yup the Baby Safe feeders are god send when it comes to teething, Otis loved melon as well, pears are also very good and grapes... well to honest most fruit goes down a treat!!!

Mel I have done the same when Leorah is teething, she has had frozen pear, frozen mango and a cold carrot. It certainly takes her mind off being miserable for a while and other baby her age are hvaing the same things pureed so it can't hurt.

I can see two little pink bumps on her lower gums now so i hope they will stop hurting until they are ready to come through now!

Oh by the way girls I was reading a back issue of Mother and baby and they recommended diluting fruit juice to make ice lollies for teething babies, this could be a good idea except make ice cubes to go in the feeder. I may try with some pear or white grape juice :)

Ooooooh thats a good idea Katt! I might get some baby fruit juice and make some icecubes today.

Glad it helped her Mel. I am still waiting for my baby safe feeder to arrive :(

TinaOct said:
tina... where did you get your from? i want to get Louie some :think:

feenix said:
my little man liked boobie juice ice lollies for his sore gums......worked a treat :)

What a fantastic Idea :clap: I shall do that when olivia is teething :D

Tasha20 said:
feenix said:
my little man liked boobie juice ice lollies for his sore gums......worked a treat :)

What a fantastic Idea :clap: I shall do that when olivia is teething :D

Me too, that's a great idea :wink:

What on earth is a baby safe feeder? Never heard of it, pic would be nice too as am a bit thick after birth.

foxymum said:
TinaOct said:

Sorry Hun, I have not been on in a few days. I got mine from ebay.
Still waiting though :roll:

TinaOct said:
foxymum said:
TinaOct said:

Sorry Hun, I have not been on in a few days. I got mine from ebay.
Still waiting though :roll:

how long have you been waiting then?
:hug:

You guys.... I remenber your littles been born and now they are getting toothy pegs!

Jade

This might be a silly question but when do they start teething (roughly). You can spot my L plates a mile off! :lol:

Babyjay teething can vary from baby to baby, however according to my HV if they are teething this young (say 3/4 months and under) chances are that the teeth are moving around underneth the gums aligning themselves, so probably not quite ready to pop up.
Otis had some teethy problems probably about a month age but things have seemed to settle (for now!). You can tell though when they are being affected by their teeth - slight temp, loads of dribble, crying and very moodt and of course up loads during the night.

Ah thanks, dreading that then! I hate seeing my little boy upset, it's heartbreaking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back