I just want to feel ok !!

umbongo

Reaction score
Got the spd nagging me, seems worse today, probably the car boot sale this morning.

Had an upset stomach on and off so went to the docs last week but when I did my sample it was almost normal. (TMI!) But since last night it's literally liquid what comes out (sorry) and my food is just going straight through!! I was off thurs and Fri so feel worried I'll be bad tomorrow, having to rush off ti the toilet which isn't close, when supervising children, will be a nightmare! Not to mention that I'm not getting any nutrients to squiggle!

And earlier I had insane chest pain. It was short-lived but actually really scary. No idea what that was!!!
Keep getting stomach cramos and just don't feel right.

Luckily squiggle has moved a lot today so one of us is ok!

I am just sick of feeling ill and I know some things like spd can't be helped but this bloody stomach on top is making me feel weak and feeble and Bleurgh.

Sorry to whine on, I just hate it!! Hubby is great and sympathetic but I'm sure he thinks I'm just trying to get off work. And the docs just think I'm a hypochondriac!!

Waaaaaaah

Xx

Don't go in to work if you're not 100%. You are leaving in just over 3 weeks anyway and you need to put yourself first.

Hope you're feeling better soon hun, sounds awful! X

My arse is the same at the moment! It's like my body can't hold anything extra and as soon as I eat anything, I need to run the loo and make space :(

Make sure you have an early night and rest up ... glad hubby is being great.

Keep on with your bananas :D

Hope you made a good amount at the carboot xxx

agree stay home n call in sick. you need to be no 1 keep drinking fluids baby will take nutrients but you do need to keep hydrated as for chest pains... could be a silly one but is your bra too tight? or indigestion possibly? both can be agony!!!! x

The car boot wasn't amazing Ruth but chatted with some lovely people and it was a nice morning really!

I guess I'll see how I am tomorrow. Upset stomaches are gross!! :-(

agree stay home n call in sick. you need to be no 1 keep drinking fluids baby will take nutrients but you do need to keep hydrated as for chest pains... could be a silly one but is your bra too tight? or indigestion possibly? both can be agony!!!! x

Didn't have a bra on but I agree on indigestion as I'd eaten a banana just before. I've not had ot really before, not much, so I didn't realise how bad it can be! Coughing seemed to relieve it?!?! Could have been a coincidence though.

try some rennies or gaviscon if you get it again maybe? and bananas oh i miss bananas every time i eat one (like chocolate too) i throw up. x

Oh no! That's awful. I've been on 3 a day the whole way through. I'll be screwed if I can't eat them as hate most fruit! Xx

Bex, don't be scared by what I'm going to tell u but I just wanted to share my limited knowledge with u Hun. The night before I found out I had pre eclampsia I had a terrible terrible pain in my chest, directly where my bra sits. I thought it was bad bad indigestion and took rennies which didn't help. The pain went off by the morning. But when I see the consultant the day after and I found out I had pre eclampsia he asked me if I'd had any chest pain, to which I said yes and apparently it is a symptom. So keep an eye on it and if it does get worse please make sure u go and get checked out. I didn't have any other symptoms of pre eclampsia so didn't know I had it. Just keep an eye on it babes xxx

Thanks hun. It's better to know than not realise. I'm seeing mw Thursday so will protein turn up.in my urine if I have it? And high BP? How did they work out you had it? XXX

Sorry your feeling so pants Rebecca :-( hope you perk up soon xx

I have also had really bad chest pains just where my bra sits I mentioned it to midwife she did mention pre eclampsia but said it can also be your muscles splitting or indigestion or just the way the baby is laying. I always thought being pregnant would be glamourous ha how wrong was I?

I would go back to the docs tomorrow don't worry squiggle will make sure they get everything they need but having an upset stomach is horrible and not practical when you are supervising children if you mention your chest pain they will also check your blood pressure to rule out pre eclampsia :) xxx

Hun u really are suffering at min pls dont go to work rest up call midwife or see doctor..u need to rest. I have pain but mine feels,like a cracked rib pain....
I think u need to get checked out.squiggle sounds happy as larry but mummy needs to be looked at.xxx.

Thanks. Looks like work will be put aside again. Feel absolutely shite and not right at all. Hot flushes and everything aches. It's not good!!!
Can they make new take mat leave early if I'm off sick too much? I'll be badly screwed if so.

X

If u have upset tum you can't go in to work anyway, your work will have a policy I expect.

Hope u feel better soon

Xx

Tri hopping Umbongo...sorry to hear you are feeling so crap hun. Rest up, and don't go to work if you don't feel up to it. xx

Yeah the main symptoms of PE are high bp and protein in ur urine. It's so worth making a trip to see ur doc or mw. It's better to be safe than sorry and it only takes 2 mins to check these things and put ur mind at ease xxx

Oh and the reason how they found mine was a routine 34 week scan and found that the fluid amount around jack was only like 10% of what it was supposed to be x

That's scary brand new. Glad everything worked out though.
Thanks for all the kind words, I'm bored of moaning tbh!! Turning in the night was excruciatingly painful, damn you pelvis!!! I have physio later, hope driving is ok. Already been up and had to go the toilet, still very grim. Hopefully because most digestion happens in stomach and small intestine squiggle took some nutrients in! Also had vitamins so they should have absorbed in the stomach Fx!

I'd better phone work and then get a doctor's appt. I really wanted to leave with them thinking I was great and reliable etc as it'll be an important reference in the future but I guess that's something I shouldn't worry about as can't go back to work anytime soon anyway! Pregnancy related stuff doesn't count on your sick record I know but worried they'll try and make me take mat leave early which would be a disaster!

X

P.S. just emailed work so I could explain it all properly, if you call you have to leave a voicemail and I thought rambling on about pelvises and diarrhea might be a bit embarrassing. My hubby has started to call me sick note!

Last edited:
GET WELL SOON UMBONGO!! Sounds like you are suffering pretty bad. Make sure you get that BP and chest pain stuff checked out. I just hope you feel good soon. XXXX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back