• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I heard my baby!!!!!

choklatemunky

Reaction score
:D Woooooooooo Im so excited! :dance:

I went to the Drs this morning as Ive had a few pains on the bottom of my little bump and wanted just to check whether it was likely to be stretching etc - would rather go and be told everything was fine, than not go and then be told later, oh if only you'd come in.....

ANYWAY, obviously I wasnt expecting it at all, he asked a few Qs about the type of pain it was and said he thought it was likely to be the ligaments stretching (as I'd hoped it would be) felt my belly and said I seemed around 15 weeks from that and then got the doppler out and asked if I had heard the baby's heartbeat at all yet and seemed suprised when I said no - at first all he could find was mine (which he thought was LO at first, but then realised my pulse was just going fast :lol: ) then as he moved the doppler about he got a tiny snippet of Bubs and then it went again - he persevered tho and found just about the most amazing sound Ive ever heard! :cheer:

He was such a sweet man too, shook my hand when I went in and everything, proper old school Dr! - I was a bit gutted when I rang up and they said my normal Dr wasnt there and I'd have to see this dude instead, but I'm happy enough that I saw him now!

I'm so excited - Can you tell! hehe :lol:

Awww thats brilliant, its great and reassuring as well it? :D

Have you a scan booked?

Yeah it is definitely reassuring!

Well I've had my 12 week scan (just been REALLY slack about getting the pics uploaded on here! :oops: ) and my next one is booked for the beginning of Aug. Obv I've seen the heart beating on scans but it was just so great to hear it! I thought I might get to at the MW appt I have next week but just wasnt expecting it at all today. :)

YAY :cheer: its wonderful hearing baby for first time isnt it?? :D glad all is well hun x

its my fave sound in the whole world!!!i had to see midwife today for my check up and the first thing i said was can you let me hear the heart beat again! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back