• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I had my early scan today!

roxi

Reaction score
Hi, after 3 mc (I also have a 3 year old) I got an appointment for a 7 week scan with this pregnancy.

I went this morning, by my dates I am 7+2 but the scan dated me at 6+3. Bit gutted to be put back a week, but tbh I am so over the moon to see a lovely heartbeat that it's no big deal!

I can't understand how I can only be 6 weeks though. Came off pill halfway through pack on 25th december, had a bleed on 27th and positive test 22nd Jan. I'm pretty certain I ovulated on the 11th as I get pain. Is it possible that baby is just a bit small now and may catch up again by 12 weeks? Or I guess I did ovulate later than I thought. But anyway, I have a healthy beany and I am soooo happy!!!! :)

well done on the scan can i ask do u feel mre relaxed now iv m/c in past and its making real nervous this time have you felt this too? you may have ovulated more than once or later in month than you thought but i assumed it went from date of your last period for due date and that was that

:dance:Yay congrats! I'm really pleased that you got to hear the heartbeat :)

Thanks. Yes I do feel more relaxed now, much more actually. I've even stopped knicker watching :lol:

They measure the baby from head to bum and then it automatically dates the pregnancy. So by last period I am 7+2 but by that measurement I'm 6+3.

I'd say the scan is near enough right. Coming off the pill could have messed with your cycle a little.

Lots of people test early and get positives at different rates as well. But at the next scan you could find bubs has caught up or even bigger than you think as well. I think they all develop at different rates as well xx

Congrats on your Pregnancy :)

Early scans aren't as accurate for dating because the measurements are so tiny, so even being out by a mm can make a big difference to estimates. You might find you get put forward again at 12 weeks, but either way it's fantastic news to see the heartbeat :yay:

i had and early scan with my little girl about 7 wks and they put my dates back said i was only 6wks 2days when i went back at 12 wk scan they said i was 13 wk 1day so they can change good look happy all is well

Thanks. Yes I do feel more relaxed now, much more actually. I've even stopped knicker watching :lol:

They measure the baby from head to bum and then it automatically dates the pregnancy. So by last period I am 7+2 but by that measurement I'm 6+3.

lol @ knicker watch im so guilty of that one and im glad it relaxed you hoping for same feeling in a few weeks when i have mine and really pleased for you xxx

Congratulations! It can change at different scans and dd is just an estimate so don't worry too much! I'm hoping to have an early scan, just waiting for bloody midwife to get her ass in gear!!

Reallyglad everything went well today :)
I had an early scan and was told i was 7 weeks when my dates said 8. Then at my most recent scan I wasput forward a week. I think they all grow at different rates and you can never really guess
But congrats :D

Congratulations!! Cant wait for my first scan! :)

Congratulations to you, I've had two early scans now due to previous m/cs, it does take such a weight off your shoulders to know everything is fine and the heartbeat is drumming away. My dates changed by about 5 days at the 1st scan and then by another day at the 2nd, so as other people have said I think they all just grow at different rates and my cycle was a bit messed up due to m/c a year ago so it is nothing to be worried about.

Happy and healthy 9 months to you.

:yay: for heartbeat

Worrying for sure *hugs* but its quite common esspecially with early scans - you may find at your dating scan your dates will be closer to yours x

thanks everyone! But which dates do I use? Obviously I want mine which means I am 7+3 but scan date is 6+4. What dates did you all use after an early scan?

Hiya - I also had an early scan on Tuesday I thought I was 6+6 but the scan showed 5+3, I too was worried about growth rate but they just said 'you got your dates wrong'.. everything progresses the same at this point so don't worry.

Also, she measured the blob quickly and then again and there was a difference of 0.5mm in about 2 minutes so it's not exact this early on.

Everyone has told me to chill out and it'll be more precise next time, hope that helps!! :):)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qwertyuiop33
Back