I got my maternity allowance accepted, what else could I be entitled to? X

HannahsBaby

Reaction score
So, I sent off my payslips etc in the post 2 weeks ago, and I got the result back this week :mail:

They are going to pay me £88.75 a week - which i'm pleased about :)

What other benefits do I get - I think child benefit and child tax credit?? how much are these? (i'm new to any kind of benefit) :sling1:.... xx

Everyone is entitled to child benefit and child tax credits i think? I think child benefit is about 80 a month...might be wrong though as i have never got it before. Other benefits will depend on if you have a OH who is working and how many hours xxx

i thought maternity allowence was 128 a week. does it go by earnings then? xxx

i thought maternity allowence was 128 a week. does it go by earnings then? xxx

not always:-

''Maternity Allowance pays a standard weekly rate of £128.73 or 90 per cent of your average gross weekly earnings (before tax), whichever is the smaller.
MA is paid for a maximum period of 39 weeks.
The amount of Maternity Allowance you get depends on your gross average weekly earnings or the amount you are treated as earning from your self-employment. More specific information on how your payment of Maternity Allowance is worked out can be found in the leaflet 'A Guide to Maternity Benefits - NI17A'''

oh thanks. well i was on 350 a week so guessing i would get 128. will find out soon xxx

Probably working tax credits and child tax credits? If you go on direct.gov.uk there is a calculator telling you what you shoud be entitled to and another calculator telling you how much you would get :) there's things like money towards council tax and housing benefit that I had never heard of! I suppose they all depend on peoples earnings though xxx

oh thanks. well i was on 350 a week so guessing i would get 128. will find out soon xxx

I thought aslong as you had been working at the same place for a certain amount of time that everyone got SMP, 128 a week and people who haven't been in the same job for long enough were entitled to Maternity Allowance which can change depending on your wage..

I could be wrong but that's what I picked up lol

xxx

I thought aslong as you had been working at the same place for a certain amount of time that everyone got SMP, 128 a week and people who haven't been in the same job for long enough were entitled to Maternity Allowance which can change depending on your wage..

I could be wrong but that's what I picked up lol

xxx

I dont play NI so thats why I didnt qualify, I dont do enough hours. (i do a couple of cash in han cleaning jobs every now and then as a bit of pocket money, so thats not taxed either)

Probably working tax credits and child tax credits? If you go on direct.gov.uk there is a calculator telling you what you shoud be entitled to and another calculator telling you how much you would get :) there's things like money towards council tax and housing benefit that I had never heard of! I suppose they all depend on peoples earnings though xxx
Thank you hun xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back