I Feel So Silly..... :(

DebbieM

Reaction score
I had my MW appointment this morning at 9.30am. It all started wrong anyway when I culdn't even do a wee before I left after having a night of peeing non stop! I finally managed a dribble before I was called in.

Got there and there was another new midwife that we'd not seen before. She was nice enough and did the usual BP, urine, FHR checks etc and confirmed that all is fine.

She asked if I has been told about positions in labour regarding SPD, so I said yes and then she asked if I had any other questions.

I asked how far engaged baby is to be told that it's pretty much the same as a fortnight ago (2/5 engaged). I can't pretend that I wasn't a bit deflated as I honestly thought Flump had dropped quite a lot lower....

She said it didn't matter and I know some babies don't engage til labour. She also said that I'd get a sweep at 10 days overdue and that basically they REALLY wouldn't want to do it before them because then you're committed to interfering. The only way that they would do it sooner is if you are at the end of your tether and can't take any more pain. Matt piped up and said that I more or less am at that stage now and am basically housebound but she didn't really bother too much. She maintained they would rather wait.

By the time I walked out, I just burst into tears and felt SO stupid. I'm fine, baby is fine and I should be happy. :cry:

I think I just feel SO unwell with this cold right now, it just got to me. My head feels like it is going to explode, my teeth hurt, my ribs are absolute AGONY from coughing and even my ears hurt! :cry: :cry: :cry:

I just feel like such a moaner though. I'm back home now, back in my PJ's on the top of the bed and having the day off work again so I can just relax and chill out and try and shake this cold.

I'm done moaning now... sorry! :oops: :oops:

:hug: :hug: :hug:
aw you poor woman....
dont let it get you down Debs...ur almost there!!

awww matey :hug: Take some paracetamol and stick with it. I don't think the midwives mean to be matter of fact and uncaring, its just that they see pregnant ladies all day and there really is not alot they can do or you can do but let nature take its course for now.

Be brave :hug:

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Have a relaxing day, put your feet up and get yourself feeling better.

It'll soon be your turn :hug:

Oh no! ENGAGE Flump ENGAGE!

Maybe Flump knows you're feeling under the weather so he/she has decided not to come out until you're feeling better? What a considerate baby you have! :hug:

Midwives ARE matter of fact; I don'tt hink they even realise it sometimes...

:hug: :hug:

my baby is not even in pelvis yet according to m/w though he feels lower. was that hospital appt of local m/w. i no my local m/w (i see at docs) wouldnt do sweep for me last time but maybe hospital would for u. 10 days seems a bit long esp if you are tired now

marie x

Oh hun, moan as much and as often as you like. I think because we can't take any medicines (not even menthol based) for a cold during pregnancy it can really affect us. I still have a slight cold from the chest infection/cold I had a couple of months ago...it's draining and irritating.

I personally would say give work up now as I really think you need to rest up properly. Having little naps throughout the day works wonders for me.

Have lots of :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: and never feel bad about posting how you feel on here, most of us can relate to how you feel, you are not alone :hug:

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: I hope you can shake off the cold before flump makes an appearance.

It was a normal MW appointment. I don't have any appts at the hospital and you would have to go through the MW to get something like a sweep so that's out of the question. In all honesty, I wouldn't want one right now as I would like to get rid of this cold and cough and be at full strength before labour if at all possible. I think I just felt down and deflated which is why I feel silly for even mentioning it really.

As for work, without boring you to death, it's not possible for me to give up til things start to happen unfortunately. I'll really be working right up until I pop.... I'm therefore making the most of a couple of days off due to this cold... :)

Awww :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hopefully Flump will make an appearance very soon for you and you will feel better soon.

Hope you have a quiet relaxing day. :hug:

Awwww have a few more of these :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I can imagine you are feeling all over the place. Hormones, being poorly, it all adds on to the feeling of crapness. Don't feel bad for sharing with us. Better to get it out than sit on it and stew.

Hopefully resting up will help the cold. Alas though with colds you always have to feel worse before you feel better :evil:

If the coughing is a problem have you tried sitting in a steamy bathroom for 20 minutes? Let the shower run on hot for a while then go sit in there. It can help loosen everything and clear things a fair bit. That or sitting with your head over a bowl of steaming water with a towel thrown over. Menthol crystals added to that can help clear your sinuses if bunged up.

Sitting is also better than lying down when coughing that badly. So prop yourself as upright as you can, if you've not already.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

oh debbie :( :hug: :hug: :hug: Im sorry you feel so cack :cry: Dont feel bad for feeling bad (if you know what i mean) I can only imagine what its like. Im a few weeks behind you and im lucky that ive not had SPD and i feel pretty crappy too! it must be so uncomfortable for you at the mo. :hug:

Come on baby flump...times nearly up!!

Aw gosh, no wonder you feel so bad, the pain of spd on top of a cold, that is enough to make Mary Poppins have a paddy!!!!

Hope you have a speedy recovery from the cold :hug:

:hug: :hug: Debbie, I hope you start to feel better soon and get your strength back before Flump makes an appearance xx

aww hun dont feel silly. If I could have my baby right now, today I would. I am sooo fed up and in pain and feel like a useless big fat lump who cant seem to move without making some sort of ouch or aww noise or get dressed without sitting on the floor *big sigh* if I even try to imagine what it must feel like for you and picture myself like this in 7 weeks it brings tears to my eyes :cry:

come on Flump, you can come out now!!

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

xx

hi hun
sorry you feel so awful
have a big hug from me, you made me feel so much better and reassured me lots in first tri, im sure it won't be long and then you will be holding flump and will have forgotten your spd and awful cough
xx

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
I imagine you're also really tired from waking up lots with the pain too
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Could you try giving yourself a sweep or getting Matt to give it a go?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back