i dont wanna celebrate sunday (mothers day)

sonia205

Reaction score
Am i the only one that doesnt want to celebrate it?

I just dont think im worth all the effort.
As i went to bed at 6.30am i unpacked the kids nursery bags to find they both had made me a card at nursery - and i cried.

They both look so gorgeous i shall scan them into pc and post pics.

I just dont feel worthy of it all, i love my children to bits but i just cant think of myself as am other - hope this makes sense !

no, i dont either - OH just broke up with me, but still wants to me act normal tomorrow infront of his mum, so it doesnt spoil it for her!! WTF!! What about me, just fecked (sorry :oops: ) up my 1st mothers day :cry:

I hope everyone else has a nice day thou and every mummy gets spoilt.

its just not fair is it ?

If i were u i wouldnt act normal 4 her - so wat shes not ur mother ! xx

They are lovely cards Sonia lucky you.

I don't really celebrate it anyway TBH. I think my hubby and daughter have made me a card today and that is enough for me.

If I was you I would show delight at the card from your boys put them on mantlepiece and then carry on as per a normal Sunday but make sure you really praise their efforts even if it is a big effort for yourself.

BTW I hope you feel more upbeat soon. :hug:

I want to celebrate it as its my first :cheer: but i'll be spending most of it on my own, DH's working :( Ho hum!

They are lovely cards Sonia, you must be very proud :D

I would have been happy with my son just making me a card. I think its much more special that way. But OH has gone to a HUGE effort :? I tried to tell him I didnt want anything.... did he listen :roll: (do men ever listen)

Tori stuff your ex ...its your day aswell hun. Dont let him dictate what you can and cant do, after all its him that has caused it, not you.

:hug:

Thanks Ladies - yes they will be put up tommorow and i am very proud of them xx

i can't wait for mothers day :cheer: :cheer:

keeley and her nanny went shoppin today :shhh: :shhh: :lol:

Sorry sonia I didnt notice you put the pics up, my screen didnt load them. Ive just seen them now... aint they so cute! Thats whats mothers day is all about :D

I'm probably a bit of a party pooper but I just think it's another ploy to get everyone to buy cards, flowers, chocos, etc. So I've given OH strict instructions to NOT buy anything for Mothers Day - we don't do Valentines day either, until my baba is old enough to make something I really don't want to celebrate this. Bahumbug!!! :roll:

I most defineately want to celebrate this day, maybe not with cards and presents, im not fussed about them, but its one of those rare days which make you stop and take time out your busy lives to really appreciate the most important woman in the world, your own mum! I appreciate my own mum every day but mothers day is a day i really get to show this! and i love knowing im a mummy and although alfie is too young to show me, I look forward to the years where he perhaps comes and picks me a withered daffodil etc, a simple gesture, for now ill settle for his gummy grin, but after 6 months of constant feeds waking nights, teething nappy changes and everything that goes with it, im looking forward to a day of feeling brilliant!

I'm well excited. I can't wait, its my first mothers day :cheer:

Well if thats the case celebrate the fact your kids think you are worth it!

Hmmm, i'm in 2 minds about it to be honest.......my first mothers day as a mummy, but also my first without my mum...........I'm very excited, but a little sad too.

KatysMummy said:
Hmmm, i'm in 2 minds about it to be honest.......my first mothers day as a mummy, but also my first without my mum...........I'm very excited, but a little sad too.

:hug:

KatysMummy said:

hun :hug:

Alfiesmummy said:
Well if thats the case celebrate the fact your kids think you are worth it!

How am i supposed to know they think i am worth it? They are too young to talk to me and in my case i dont think i am worth it thats why i WONT be celebrating.......

Thanks Nicki & Steph :hug:

Sonia, your boys know you are worth it because you're their mummy & they love you unconditionally. I hope you feel better soon :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back