i dont think im filling him... :-(

Lisa_85

Reaction score
Issac is being very fussy through the day recently.. he latches on and then after ten mins he is off this used to be normal but now he tries to get on but then comes off several times before crying i get him on and 2sucks later he is off again, i expressed milk and froze and today when he fusses i tried him with this milk after and he takes it and guzzles it down, i don't feel like I'm filling him up. And its not often he is content after his feeds. He is no problem from 8pm bedtime til 5am

Any advice please?
Xx

Hun, try not to worry or stress. Baby will pick up on this and it will cause latching/feeding issues.

If you can pump milk out, then that is a good sign. Baby can always get more out than a pump can.

It really sounds like he has a latch issue.

I say this all the time lol, but honestly it's the best advice I can think of... get in touch with your local breastfeeding support team. They are fantastic. My LO was tongue tied when he was born and without them I would've given up. They know their stuff and they are so supportive. If you give them a call they will come out to you if you can't get to them.

Don't get disheartened. It's really easy to get worried and anxious, but LO will pick up on all that and it will make any issues worse.

You are doing great hun xxx

I had the breastfeeding team out at first, but he doesn't hurt or make me sore anymore and he latches for the first ten mins no problem i just don't understand y he fusses after. Ill ring them and ask them to come out again.

Thanks xx

My lo did this, and does this now sometimes. I think that sometimes they get frustrate when the flow slows down. Have you tried switching to te other breast? Back and forth?

I wasn't sure if ten mins would be long enough to of had the rich milk off one boob before switching to the other... i suppose there is only 1way to find out. Thanks for the suggestion. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back