I don't know how to tell him ...

Ashleigh

Reaction score
Hi everyone :)

I'm in great need of some advice! After suffering three miscarriages in the past year, I've just found out I'm pregnant again. I'm ecstatic! The trouble is my partner said very recently he doesn't want to have a baby yet. In fact he wants to wait for three years before we try again!

I don't know how to tell him I'm pregnant. I'm scared he'll think I tricked him into it because he knows how badly I want a baby. I would never do such a thing, I'm on the pill, but it obviously hasn't worked and I'm just so worried he won't believe me. I'm also worried he'll ask me to have an abortion, which I couldn't do.

I'm so happy, but I'm scared he won't be. How do I tell him?

Ashleigh x

aw congrats :)!!! were you trying? i mean you said you were on the pill, but before that maybe?

well if it was me i would, sit him down, tell him.. and then ask what he thinks, what he wants to do.. as you wont know how he feels about anything unless he knows! i think you may be pleasanty suprised, 'cause when told about this kind of thing, it usually brings joy.. especially if you're happy about it too as that would reassure his feelings..

but if he didn't react in same way you have, don't worry about, just talk things through. as it's a big life change!

hope this helps hun and that OH is as happy as you are! xxx

Last edited:
So sorry to hear about your mc's, I think you will just have to sit him down and tell him, there's no other way is there? It must be a daunting thing for you as you have said he doesnt want to try for three years. Perhaps he thought he needed that time to get over the mc's - it must have been a very upsetting time. Let us know what happens :hug: Good luck. x

^^^^ I agree with these guys you just need to sit down and tell him about it. Ask him how he feels but be ready for him to need some time as this will be a big shock for him and boys don't necessarily deal with shocks very well! Good luck :)

Have you had chance to tell him yet. 3 MC's is alot especially in one year and people do need time to come to terms with it. After my 4th MC I was convinced I didn't ever want to try for a baby or go through that loss again, I was wrong though and although when I first found out I was pregnant (it was unexpected) I was very scared and concerned, I was happy too, and its got better as times progressed. Congratulations and lots of luck to you both x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back