I can't turn onto my right side?

TiffanyJaynexo

Reaction score
Last night I rolled over onto my right side to cuddle OH and watch something on my laptop.
When I turned, I jumped because I had a horrible sharp pain, almost like a Braxton hick. My belly went all tight and suddenly felt all heavy. I lay on my back to watch the rest of the programme but when I turned over onto my right a little later, the same thing happened again. I've been getting mild Braxton hicks tightening's, but this was a similar but more intense sensation, and painful!

I just tried to lay on my side to cuddle OH in bed and I got the sharp pain again.
I asked my mum and she said you're apparently not meant to lie on your right side because it's where the kidney is and it can dig into the baby.

Is this what is happening? I have no trouble lying on my left side, I sleep on that side
anyway.

My belly feels like a bowling ball when it happens.

Sorry hon I've not had this, although I sometimes get a pain when sitting up after lying down, it might be baby is on that side so things are a bit tight? Ive read u should avoid ur back and left side is preferable to right side. You might have stretched ur round ligament and the right hand side position is pulling it??? Maybe mention to mw when u see her?

Some days I have more aches and pains lying on a particular side esp if I have to turn over in bed. As baby gets bigger it gets harder! They do advise that lying on your left side is best for baby, I think it's something to do with extra oxygen/blood flow to the baby in that position. I had to lie on left side in labour as she became distressed in any other position.

I believe it was round ligament pain! :)
It definitely felt like a stretch or a pull.
Thanks for the answers girls xxx

Yeah it's def likely to be ligaments, and changing sides when lying can be quite uncomfortable at times. Mines particular bad when I have a full bladder too!

Was just going to say that.
I've got a full bladder right now so perhaps that brought on the pain a bit more.
I probably needed a wee last night when I felt the pain as well.
I'm peeing non-stop! :p

Thanks again xxx

def sounds like stretching pains, but i am no expert!!

xxx

def sounds like stretching pains, but i am no expert!!

xxx

Oh yeah a full bladder is agony to roll over with lol, woke up yelping due to that many a time!!

Hi!
I have never been able to sleep on my side since becoming pregnant. I too heard that you aren't supposed to anyway because of the kidney. I think my placenta is over to that side too and this may have something to do with it.
I don't get a braxton as such, but it's very uncomfortable and sharp.
They say it's best to sleep on your left side as it's better for blood flow to the baby so the pain on your right is kind of doing you a favour :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back