I can't stop sleeping!

I know it's normal to feel tired, even exhausted at times during the first trimester, but I just wanted to check with other women how much they are sleeping. I have a thyroid disorder which makes me tired if my levels are wrong, so I'm not sure if my exhaustion is due to pregnancy or my hypothyroidism.

I am not working at the moment, but even the housework is getting beyond me :( I can take 2 naps a day and still sleep 10 hours at night and yet feel exhausted. I have been worse this last week and a half. I thought I'd be regaining some energy by now!

Has anyone else been this tired? It's so frustrating. I have so much I want to do. I'm going on holiday in a week and want to spring clean the house before I go, do the garden etc. but I feel like I can hardly drag myself out of bed.

I went shopping the other day with my partner (we got there by car). We were in the first shop for about 10 mins, but by the time I got to the second shop, I wanted to go home: I felt light-headed and exhausted. I feel like this lack of energy is taking over my life at the moment.

I go to Disneyland next week and I'll need to be fit to take the kids round the theme parks etc. for hours. I'm worried I'll ruin their holiday. Help!

P.S. I had blood tests taking at my booking appointment on Monday, but haven't had the results back yet, so don't know if my blood count/iron levels/thyroid levels are low.

Aw, poor you (though think of all the stuff you can get done in that time!) I'm kidding. It's a pity we can't trade places every other day, eh? At least with all this beauty sleep my wrinkles should be starting to disappear :D

My son has never needed much sleep. Although I put him to bed before half past nine, he's usually still awake at midnight and is always first up in our house - even on school days. Seemingly it's a sign of intelligence, so you have that going for you, Midna :wink:

I'm constantly tired. I got up at half 7 this morning, then 2 hours later at half nine I was asleep on the sofa!!!

i am the exact same way.im only 6 weeks 1 day, but man i sleep alot..my hubby is cute though he lets me sleep and goes about doing housework and stuff..its kind cute really..lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back