Complete exhaustion?

KJL

Reaction score
I'm 6 weeks and for the past few days I have been completely and totally exhausted. I normally have a lot of energy and motivation and don't generally need heaps of sleep but at the moment i'm struggling to see striaght i'm so tired :sleep: I just feel like i'm permantly spaced out! I don't want it to effect work but I could just curl up on the floor and go to sleep right now! I'm getting a good 8 hrs sleep at night (apart from getting up every hour to pee!) :oops:

Is this normal? Can anyone suggestion anything to help perk me up?

Perfectly normal. I found eating a banana every so often gave me a little boost which helped. But mostly, I've just been going to bed earlier.

I felt the same babes and I still do. I think that is one of the reasons I am planning to go on mat leave ASAP.

It should pass within the next few weeks, it didn't for me, but fingers crossed it does for you. xx

NIE said:
I felt the same babes and I still do. I think that is one of the reasons I am planning to go on mat leave ASAP.

It should pass within the next few weeks, it didn't for me, but fingers crossed it does for you. xx

Oh god, I hope it does pass :? I am practically in tears I am so so exhuasted. I feel like locking up the office and going home to bed :sleep:

Ah yes - this is the time of eat, sleep, eat, sleep, etc. You do get over it, probably about week 10-13 when the placenta starts doing the hard work. It is only in the last few days I've started to get tired again. I do spend a lot of time though moving from chair to chair!

yeh im sorry hun but its not going to go away yet! I'm still like it, if anything ive got worse since i was six weeks :? drinking lots of water might help, and eating food that slowy releases energy, so fruit, bran, pasta is really gd too for energy. are u taking any vitamins? ive heard that pregnacare can help with tiredness, im getting some this week so fingers crossed it will help cos i cud fall asleep right now!

Thanks for all the replies, at least I know i'm not alone :)

I will definately try pregnacare, I've heard good things about it too.
I am so so thirsty all the time at the moment so I'm drinking loads all the time.

I've been very careful with my caffeine intake but I gave in at work and had one cup of tea and I do feel a lot more energised. I am cutting back on the 5 or so teas I used to have a day at work but I think 1 will midday will be ok just as a pick-me-up.

if you enjoy tea, you can get de-caff/caffeine free teabags. tastes no different and doesnt make you wee more! lol i live on the stuff, especially wen im feeling sick cos hot drinks seem to help

:wave: You are definetley not alone, Im glad ive came across this thread as I too am very very tired at work I literally felt as if i was gonna fall asleep the other day I just couldnt shake it off. I am also very very thristy too.

Well at least we know its normal and not to worry if we are all getting it :D

I still feel the same hun, it did ease off for a little while and I felt like I had more energy but im exhaused all the time again :( hope it passes soon for you as I know its awful :( x

I'm so glad i'm not the only one suffering from this!!....I used to work 12 hour shifts (student paramedic) but have been taken off the road and been put onto light duties now that i'm pregnant...The only problem is, is that that means monday to friday in the office!!...I used to only work 2 or 3 days a week as we did the 12 hour shifts and so the getting up 5 days a week is killing me!!....My station manager has been good tho, and said that if I need a lay down then i can go in the ladies rest room and have a lay down on the recliner in there!!...Bless him!!

I just hope the feeling doesn't last for too long tho!!

hun, like the others have said its so normal to feel like this i know its horible but soon it will be over.

hope your ok :hug: :hug:

Gosh it def seems that there are a lot of us suffering with tiredness! It's good to know that you're not alone. When I found out I was pregnant I was all feminist about it saying that I would carry on working as normal and doing my normal amount of work load etc etc but now I am appreciating more and more how exhausting pregnancy can be even in the early stages. Today has been my first day feeling sick as well. I've been retching and feeling sick all day :( I hope it gets a bit easier :?

It really does get better though. Around 9-10 weeks my tiredness suddenly lifted. I felt like Superwoman :lol: because I'd been so knackered before, that suddenly to have that go away was like taking off a lead jacket.

From falling asleep around siesta time at 2-3pm and conking out on the sofa by 7.30, I went back to the gym last week and did some gentle stuff on the cross-trainer and a pilates class and that was fine. This weekend I went to Glastonbury and although I'm exhausted now I coped really well with trudging around and with late nights (well, 12-ish anyway :D) wigging out to the bands and quite a long bike ride to get there too which I couldn't have contemplated just a couple of weeks ago.

So hang in there - 6-8 weeks was horrible and I really feel for anyone going through that right now. Apparently with a bit of luck it's all clear after that until the last tri and final stages :hug:

I wasn't planning on telling anyone at work till I had my 12 week scan, but I found like lots of women on here that I needed to let my line manager know. He was really supportive and said that if I needed any time just to rest at home then that was fine. I didn't actually need to take him up on it, but just having someone who knew the score was very helpful, so if you have a manager you can confide in then I'd go for it.

i felt like that too. the best remedy is relaxing, frequent catnaps and a few odd days off work! i found ginger biscuits and ginger tea perked me up and also helped with morning sickness. :hug:

Yes... i'm exactly the same! Don't seem to have the engery to do anything :shock: It's a case of work, eat, sleep, work, eat, sleep...

You are not alone! From about 5 weeks I have been completely exhausted..Im 7 weeks now and needing a fair few naps in the day when I can sneak them in to get by.

I am just grateful to be pregnant so Ill put up with the tiredness if I have to, however, I am told that 'you will feel great soon' or 'its only like this for a few weeks more'...so Im waiting for that magic day to come!

I wish I could get some naps in to my day but I work in a museum and I don't think they would be all too pleased with me curling up on my desk for a :sleep: :rotfl: I'm just so exhausted though! I actually had a little cry yesterday because the phone kept going at work and loads of visitors asking questions...I just wanted to scream at them all to GO AWAY! Agghhhh!

Oh yeah another symptom I have noticed...lack of patience :?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back