• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I can't stop eating!

meandthebump

Reaction score
I'm so hungry all the time. I just can't stop eating. I don't know if this hunger is normal or if it's in my head as i am 'eating for two'!

I've started putting on weight and growing at quite a pace now and i know it's perfectly normal to be getting a belly but i am concerned that i still have another four months to go as an unstoppable eating machine.

Is anyone else being greedy or is it just me :pray:

I'm eating loads. But the thing is, I've always loved my food and so nothings really changed. People just pick up on it more now I am pregnant.

i am eating a lot, before been pregnant i never ate much, i was a one meal a day person, i would eat at tea time and that was it until the next day, then when i was about 8 weeks pregnant i became so hungry and just had to be eating all day, then after a few weeks of that i calmed down and just had one meal a day again with a few snacks of fruit in between, but now the hunger is back, i eat all day long, but i nibble on fruits and i have healthy sandwiches so i guess i am just putting in what baby is needing, as you probably are too, i think the cravings and hunger are signs that we need something to eat, well i feel it is like that with me, if i don't eat regular i get so tired

I tend to pick at foods alot more.. but I always make sure it's fruit and things like cereal bars I pick at.. not chocolate and crisps etc..

You only need to add an extra 500 calories on top of your guideline daily amount.. so you're not really supposed to eat fro two.. but I know what you mean about eating loads.. I did it in the first few months but got so scared I'd put on too much weight too quickly so I stopped.

Ask your MW to weigh you next time you see her and ask her if the weight you are putting on is ok.

I don't know your body size/shape but if you really are hungry, then best thing to do is not to starve yourself.

:hug:

I'm the complete opposite! I can't face eating right now...last few days I've had a chocolate milkshake for breakfast, roll for lunch and then a small piece of fish and stir fry for dinner and that's enough for me...I don't have much of an appetite really! I did when I was 18/19 weeks though! :wink: xxx

I'm starving too! I've been stuffing my face all through tri 1, but managed not to put on any weight so that's okay. I let myself eat cos felt much sicker if hungry. Have just realised that no longer feeling sick so no excuse any more! But I'm sooooooo hungry I just wanna eat all the time, and fruit and veg just don't cut it to be honest! Oh if only a just-carbs diet was healthy...

SoonToBeMrs said:
I tend to pick at foods alot more.. but I always make sure it's fruit and things like cereal bars I pick at.. not chocolate and crisps etc..

You only need to add an extra 500 calories on top of your guideline daily amount.. so you're not really supposed to eat fro two.. but I know what you mean about eating loads.. I did it in the first few months but got so scared I'd put on too much weight too quickly so I stopped.

Ask your MW to weigh you next time you see her and ask her if the weight you are putting on is ok.

I don't know your body size/shape but if you really are hungry, then best thing to do is not to starve yourself.

:hug:

Ok, at lunchtime today i'm going to buy fruit and good stuff for snacking on instead of chocolate (i do have a packet of crisps staring at me right now so i will have to eat that first!). Usually by the time i get home from work i'm starving again but i'm going to start trying to snack on healthier food. I have been eating worse food than i know i should be and have probably used my sickness (yes, still got it) as a bit of an excuse tbh :(

I'm glad it's not just me - I really don't want to be left with loads of weight after the baby's born but I can't stop eating. It's definitely a hunger thing not psychological for me as about every hour I start to feel really sick and the only way to stoop it is to eat something.

I was eating about 4 packets of crisps a day but at my last supermkt shop I bought some fruit and yogurts to try and make myself eat more healthily.

Weight wise, I'm almost 16 wks and not much heavier than I was when I found out I was pregnant. My lower stomach has gone hard though and there's a soft bloated belly above it (I used to be reasonably flat stomached). I finally measured my boobs yesterday too and I was gutted. I used to wear a size 34B and they started feeling uncomfortable a few weeks ago and my boobs seem bigger but when I measured I'm still a 34B - I'm thinking maybe I used to be a small size and now I simply fill the size I have been wearing.

I'm still not in maternity clothes yet although i do have a couple of pairs of jeans that are uncomfortable by the evening now.

Hell im glad its not just me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was beginning to get quite worried, im eating 3 good meals a day but just cannot stop eating in between, and its not psychological, I genuinly feel hungry! Only other problem is, like someone else said, fruit and veg just doesnt cut it.

I really dont want to put on too much extra weight, so am trying to choose healthier options but its damn hard. :wall:

I cant stop eating either, no matter how much I eat im STILL hungry when I finish! :oops:
Im glad its 'normal'

If I had my way I think I would just sit nibbling one thing after another all day long at the moment... one minute I want biscuits, then I think I'd like a bag of crisps, followed by some coco pops... and when I want something that isn't in the house I feel like I will kill somebody if I don't get it :twisted:

allycat said:
I'm the complete opposite! I can't face eating right now...last few days I've had a chocolate milkshake for breakfast, roll for lunch and then a small piece of fish and stir fry for dinner and that's enough for me...I don't have much of an appetite really! I did when I was 18/19 weeks though! :wink: xxx

if you can force feed yourself, you're undercutting your calories by 1,000 - 1,300 a day.

Just about to have some smarties. Ages since i had some but i couldn't resist the packet saying that "blue is back" :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back