I can't stop eating!!!

frangelle

Reaction score
I am 10 weeks pregnant and I am constantly eating, be it fruit, crisps, sandwhiches. Is this normal? I feel really hungry alot of the time, even not long after I've eaten. I can't stomach cooked meals right now which maybe part of the problem.

It worries me that you don't actually need that many extra calories aday, so am I just being greedy and putting extra weight on?

Did anyone else have this? I never ate this much with my first pregnancy!

xFranx

HI Fran,

I was like this from about 5 weeks, and I've still not stopped. Seriously I can't go a few hours without having something or I feel hollow inside (well hollow except baby). I have cooked meals too, but I do eat healthily so I'm not going to stop!

N x

I just feel so greedy and fat :( I've never been so out of control with my eating!!! It's awful!

see it as a good thing huni, your baby needs all the nutriants etc.. dont feel awful about it.. :hug:

I have been constantly hungry since the moment I conceived!! Of course I didn't know why to begin with, but it was still there, a constant craving to eat everything in sight!!

i was eating from the start quite alot but as i got to 12weeks i slowed down with eating loads. body probably knows i got enough food with what i eat at teatimes for baby and me :)

Good at least its not just me!! Thanks for all your replies.

Today (its now 12 o clock) I have eaten 2 pieces of toast, a packet of crisps, 2 yoghurts and a banana, thats bad!!!

yeah at the moment im going through the exact same thing....im always hungry it seems like..lol..i cant get enough food...ill eat just a few smaller meals throughout the day and it seems to help...of course i am a vegan also so that has something to do with it too.

That's exactly what i'm going through - always hungry and if I don't eat whenever I feel hungry I feel faint or weak.

Yes, I feel famished all the time too. I can't remember being this hungry with my last 2 pregnancies. I only put on one and a half stones with my first child (who was 7lb 4oz) and around 2 stones with my second (and she was only 6lb 13oz).

This time, I'm only 12 weeks' pregnant and I've put on 9lbs! I was feeling pleased with that at my booking appointment and the fact that my m/w said my BMI (body mass index) is normal. Must be the first time in about 12 years that it hasn't been really low. I was feeling chuffed with myself and saying to the m/w that I'd put weight on and she was quite stern about it, saying how I didn't want to put on extra weight as I'd have trouble losing it afterwards!

I told her I'd be breastfeeding and that that takes up a huge amount of energy. With my last 2 babies, I lost weight so quickly after the birth that it was hard to keep up with the demands of breastfeeding and I was exhausted (because I got so skinny). No, I'll be glad to have a bit of extra weight behind me this time. I'd rather that than be an exhausted waif when my baby is a few months old :D

I always eat what I want when I want, so I'm not worried by the huge increase in my appetite - it will slow down again. I think we should be guided by our bodies. I'm also extremely thirsty a lot as well (so I don't think I'm confusing the rumbling tummy with thirst).

It's the amount of shopping for fresh food I keep having to do that annoys me. And why does healthy food cost so much? We pregnant women should get supermarket vouchers with our free prescriptions. Vote for me! Free food for starving, pregnant women :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back