• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I cant match peoples expectations of the baby?

Miss.Monroe

Reaction score
ive been feeling like this for a while now, so i thought id post and see what you say.

people are really excited but i feel like i either wont be able to match their excitment when the baby is here, or that they will loose intrest.

not only that but i feel confused about when the baby is here, like its kinda over for me privatly, like one to one with the baby iside me, and that the baby kinda then becomes public property. i duno it feels weird like i dont want the baby to come out because i dont want people to share what im feeling, obviously partner excluded from that.

but most of all i feel that there excited now, but once the baby is here they will think oh, its only a baby and wont be as happy as i am.

i know its irrational but i just dont want to be the only one who feels like this.

Yeah i can understand what you mean
in side you it's just us two sharing all those kicks and moves and growth sperts
only i really know whats going on with my baby
and it feels intamite and private our little world
when the baby is born everyone wil want ot see it
which is great and i'll be the proud Mammy showing if my Son
But on the other hand i'll have to share some of the time
and we've got to used to having are baby to oursleves.
it will be weired and im going to miss these cute moments as Collier kicks punchs and moves inside of me making my bump move

i kind of get what your saying, i worried a little before telling at 13 weeks because of that. I liked the fact that only me and my husband knew, i thought it made it more special.
However i think its just over thinking it, because when your baby is here, everyone will want to be a part of it and be so happy! and its probably just your mind making you quietly crazy.

:hug:

Bless you babe - Hope everything went ok with your OH at court by the way.

Anyway, it sounds like that maternal instinct kicking in with the protective side coming out for your baby - that's great though! We're all bound to go through this though where we worry about things. It's just that we want it to go so perfectly and for everything to be fine.

Fact is, you and your OH will be brilliant parents, you just come across that way, it's obvious even for me to tell. Baby will NEED you and rely on you etc so you'll always be needed and baby will want mummy!

You will be fine hun, sorry you're feeling worried, I bet it's those bloody hormones again! :x

xxx

At the end of the day hun it will be about you, your oh and your baby and that's all that matters. I hate to say it but it's a sad fact that people do lose interest once the baby starts getting older. Family are usually really good, all of mine still dote on Aaron and they're so excited about the new baby too but all of my friends aren't really bothered because he's 2 and not a baby anymore and that's fine because we love our little boy so much and that's all that matters. Your love and interest for your child will never fade!

I do know what you mean about feeling the baby is public property once he/she arrives but it's really not like that. Grandparents tend to have a bit of a fuss but you'll be thankful just to have 5 mins to yourself whilst they hold them!

the thing is i KNOW its my hormones! lol :twisted: the evil things! it feels like everyone wants a piece of the baby when its here, and i dont want to share it! lol :shakehead:

thats very selfish of me! :roll: i will probably be glad of the break! xxx

dannii deans court hearing isnt till 4th march so next tuesday! :S xx

aww :hug: Ive had the whole ' I dont want to share my baby' :lol: I felt like it alot at first. I think I even said to OH that I didnt want ANY visitors when he is born for at least a month :rotfl: No-one would be allowed to hold him or touch him. Oh deary me :rotfl: I've definately got over it now and I know he will be my baby forever and I'll always be his Mummy, no-one can match that or take that away. I think hormonaes are definately to blame. Also for me, being pregnant and feeling my baby inside kicking me & knowing Im growing him has been the most wonderful, special feeling Ive EVER had and the thought of that ending or having to then give part of that away was horrible.

You wont always feel like that hun I promise :hug: :hug: :hug:
xx

I know how you feel. When I had Tyler, it felt special while we were alone in hospital on the night he was born. The next day I went home. I was living with my family then.

I remember crying when my mom took him out to show the neighbours. My imeediate and extended family had been holding him all night and I just wanted to hold him myself. ( months is a long time to spend together alone.

When i think of it know I am happy everyone wanted to meet and hold my little prince. That I had created something so beautiful that everyone wanted to see. I would have been more upset if no one had been interested.

Being pregnant is a special time, when you do get a lot of attention. But afterwards, its even more beautiful. Because the attention is on your beautiful little bundle (and there are those who will remember you still need some attention too lol)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back