I CAN'T FEEL MY UTERUS!

Rita

Reaction score
I'm 16 weeks and 2 days today. This is my 3rd pregnancy but this is the first one that got this far.
My worry is that I can't feel my uterus at all.
I had my last scan 4 weeks ago when everything was fine, since I bought a doppler and I can hear baby's heart beat at about half way between my belly button and the pelvic bone.
My stomack feels a bit bigger and my normal trousers are tighter, altough I havn't put on any weight yet. This can be just bloatedness, because I can't feel my uterus at all.
I asked my GP 4 days ago to try to feel it for me and she couldn't either.
Once I was told by a gynecologist that I have a retroverted uterus. Can it be the reason?
I'm tall,5'11 not skinny but quite slim.
Can it be a sign of baby is not growing properly?
I tried to look on many sites to find an answer but everywhere I look the answer is that the uterus clearly should be felt by now.
Can anyone help, please?
Thank you,
Rita

i'm sorry i dont kno anything about retroverted uterus. but i did read somewhere that being able to feel the uterus is a bit of a skill only trained midwives can do (although i *think* i can feel mine when i lie on my back). try not to worry, they can tell u at ur scan if baby is growing properly, so if they havent said otherwise, it sounds tho its all ok. ask ur doc more about retroverted utrerus, and discuss ur concerns.
:hug:

HI Rita

I also have no idea how to feel my uterus, but I am also 5ft 11 and slim and am the same as you. I have a safety pin on my trousers to give myself a couple of cm extra space, I could do them up but it is a little uncomfortable... and that is about it. I have actually lost weight as opposed to put it on.

This thread my reassure you a little too:

http://www.pregnancyforum.co.uk/forum/v ... hp?t=26570

I wouldn't know how to feel my uterus either! :think: I wouldn't worry too much about it. I'm sure they'd notice on a scan if something was wrong with the position etc.

All I can say is my tummy is about the same as usual but harder now I'm pregnant.

When I went to the docs last week for a check up she couldn't find the baby's heartbeat. I found it straight away though. :) It was a lot lower than the doc thought... just about on my caesarian scar and pointing backwards towards my chest at an angle.

Sabrina
x

hi rita.

i could feel my uterus either at 16 weeks, but as my pregnancy progressed i can now feel it....

hun i really would not worry about it, as long as your baby is growing fine and you can hear him though you doppler don't worry... :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back