I Am Fuming!!!

kazlin

Reaction score
Just got back from a hospital check up regarding my 'slight' asthma. Anyway the consultant was very rude to me and I have now refused to see him again!

As some of you may know I had a very bad chest infection for about a month, this seemed to make me more breathless. I went to the hospital and they prescribed two inhalers. Chest infection became worse so was prescribed antibiotics by my GP who is great.

I was also due to have the Diabetes check this week, but because of the chest infection that has only really cleared up this week, me vomiting up lots of flem (sorry TMI) in the mornings, I rang up last week to cancel the appointment to make space for someone else. The woman I spoke to said that I was right to cancel as I was getting over a virus and occasionally still being sick and said that it was up to me if I wanted to make a further appointment. She also stated that they were pretty full with appointments. I said not to worry then.

Well today, the consultant snapped at me when I told him that I had cut down on the inhalers as I wasn't feeling that breathless recently. He said he would prefer that I followed his instructions or not to use them at all.

He then created when I said that I had cancelled the appointed regarding Diabetes and that he would make me another appointment. I then told him that I was told that it was up to me if I took the test.
Then...he said that if I wasn't going to take the test then he wasn't going to be my consultant anymore, unless...I agree to take the test. He then asked me did I agree and I replied very bluntly, not now I don't!

A lovely midwife was there throughout and told me after that he was having a very bad morning and that he can also talk like that to staff sometimes. She seemed really cross with him too. I told her that his attitude stank and that he should learn how to talk to people, especially pregnant women!

My consultant has now been changed to another, who I have met, he did both my scans and seems really nice and I have now agreed to have the Diabetes test as long as I don't have to see that other consultant again.
He might have all his qualifications, but his people skills leave a lot to be desired!

Thanks for reading, I feel better for that!

well done for sticking up for yourself!!

not that you should have to!

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Well done for standing your ground :D

He sounds like a silly little man.

What an idiot.

Some of these Consultants really do have a bad God complex! :x

Good on you for standing up for yourself.

Grrr i know how u feel with crappy consultants!! Glad u stood up for yourself :D

Thanks girls for listening...you know what image comes to mind when I think of that little episode today?

mr_t.jpg

Yes, pregnancy CAN turn you into a biatch! :twisted:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back