Hysterical crying while asleep

Lulabell

Reaction score
This is horrible and has happened 2 days in a row. It seems like josh has nightmares. He starts crying hysterically in his sleep. It's horrible and so heart breaking. I want to pick him up but he is asleep so don't know what to do? I just try to rub his chest, foot or hand to calm him. He has woken and still seems upset and unsettled for ages afterwards. Does anyone else's LO do this? He did this when he was younger too. :-( x

Last edited:
He wails occasionally but not inconsolable.
That must be really upsetting :( :hug: I dunno what to suggest even poor little man x

It really is upsetting and horrible to see. :-( I'll try record it if it happens again. I just don't know if I should pick up. All I want to do is cuddle him better. :-(

If you can video it could you show your HV or gp? It sounds to me like nightmares but maybe best to get one of them to see it, they might have some advice. That must be so heartbreaking, it wouldn't be so bad if he woke up and smiled :hug: xxxxxxxx

I'm seeing HV on Wednesday. If he does it again then I'll defo show her.xx

Sounds like night terrors. Oz has always suffered with them, they used to be very frequent but as he's getting older they are getting less frequent, which is weird coz when I read up about them they usually start in older children!

It's awful, there's nothing you can do. We just pick Oz up and cuddle him, if it goes on a long time we will try to wake him by either turniing the light on or taking him to a different room, something to shock him out of it, but it doesn't always work.

He usually goes straight back to sleep after, but it's horrible just feeling so helpless.

xxxx

How old is he iv read its quiet common as they near 1 year my lo has done it a few times id pick him up but took a while to calm down

Sent from my E15i using Tapatalk

Just under 4 and a half months old.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e

Aww bless its so horrible to see hope everything is ok x

Sent from my E15i using Tapatalk

Gracie does this every now and again, it really is horrible :( we stroke her chest and face and whisper softly to her and hum and it settles her pretty quickly, if that doesn't work we pick her up and sway her against our chests, that rarely fails xx

Sent from my HTC Desire

Ella was doing it but apparently it was because she had earache, i gave her calpol last night and she didnt do it so fingers crossed shes ok tonight too x

i was going to say night terrors...lexie had them for a while but she was 3,she used to scream and then cry and talk nonsense she wouldnt know i was there..its horrible xxx

Georgia's done it a few times, I figured it was her teeth. I picked her up for a cuddle and she settled not too badly. Xxx

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

My first son did this till he was at least 2. He still suffers bad with nightmares about stupid things like spiders and a man with funny eyes the other night????!!!!! Hes 14 and is still a big wimp. lol

yeah max can do this sometimes but it doesnt last long its just a few really loud cries and thats it he goes back to sleep! ive never known what it is i just reassure him and settle him when it happens xxxxxxx

Samira did that just last night, I didn't quite know what to do either. It's horrible, isn't it. Cuddling helped and she settled again, but then it happened again a while later, 4 times in total, but all whilst she was asleep. Hope it was a one off... I thought it was too early for night terrors at their age? Would be interested to know what your HV said today if you don't mind sharing!

I got completely side tracked and forgot to ask. :-( Stupid me. He had another of these episodes this evening too. :-(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back