Hypnobirthing

Urchin said:
yeah it s a book with a CD in the back, the CD is about 30 mins of her talking to relaxing music telling you to breathe LOL I listen to it every night.

Last night I had bad BHs though and TBH I found myself thinking of the BH and ignoring the CD :oops:

You have to exhale slowly and you visualise that your breath is going through your back, underneath the baby and then coming out of your vagina, like the hook of a j. It is apparently hard to practice until the actual time - the nearest thing to try it on is when you are opening your bowels (especially if you are a bit constipated) don't strain but breathe in and then do a 'j' breath and imagine pushing the waste out as your breath goes down and out. Sounds crazy - but watched loads of people do it on DVD, not one of them 'pushed' in the normal sense, just did the breathing and baby came out! However, course leader said you must go with your body and if you have the urge to push, don't fight it, just go with it. (Hope that helps a bit :hug: )

I personally didn't use the CD with the book, but the CD's I got from my Hypnobirthing sessions.

Happybunny described the J breath perfectly, its about breathing not pushing, like when MW tells you to push into your bottom in labour, well, with Hypnobirthing you breath it, the pressure comes from your breath, not from pushing, straining anything, hope that helps :hug:

Redshoes said:
I personally didn't use the CD with the book, but the CD's I got from my Hypnobirthing sessions.

Happybunny described the J breath perfectly, its about breathing not pushing, like when MW tells you to push into your bottom in labour, well, with Hypnobirthing you breath it, the pressure comes from your breath, not from pushing, straining anything, hope that helps :hug:

Thats very interesting becuse sitting here now I can push like that, but I couldn't when I was in labour...Shame you weren't there!

LOL Hellokitty :hug:

When the MW told me to push into my bottom I and OH were like :shock: :? :shock: I thought she was talking crazy, I was having a baby not poo'ing, it makes sense looking back, but J breathing is a lot less energy wasted and more 'pleasant'? hehe

Urchin, the ice cube thing is just an exercise to help you practise concentrating on the relaxation techniques rather than the pain. Clenching an ice cube is so painful (obviously we're not talking childbirth pain here!) and the idea is that you use all your techniques whilst something painful is happening to you so that you can practise in advance.
Lx

Thanks for this everyone, I'm not sure I'll managed to be totally relaxed but I need all the help I can get to at least TRY to relax somewhat :)

where can you get the book and the cd from?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back