Hypnobirthing

Sleepy sue

Reaction score
Hi all just wondered If any one was trying this? Do you think it's helping?
I've just listened to a few samples on iTunes and it is very relaxing (depending on the persons voice)

Are there any yummy mummies that would recommend this for childbirth?

Xxx

I think it's good for distraction and focus if nothing else. I've put some on my iPod and we'll just have to wait and see if it's any good. I heard someone say it went out the window when the pain kicks in though but it must work for some.

I have the book but haven't read all of it and have the cd but am not very disciplined with listening to it. MAny people swear by it and I have watched some fab videos on utube of hypnobirthing births and it all looks so calm, so I think there's a lot to be said for it.
I think you do have to be disciplined with your practice of the techniques for it to be e helpful though, and unfortunately I am not disciplined enough! I keep forgetting to listen to the cd! Xx

There are some threads in the labour and birth section with more stories from mums who've used it. I'm using it but will have to update in 6 weeks as to whether it works!! I have 'natal hypnotherapy' by Maggie Howell.(english accent!) I'd recommend the book too, 'effective birth preparation' - it has lots of interesting facts and has calmed me about the whole process leading up to it. I even went from wanting a hospital birth to a home birth from reading it very quickly.

link to the Cd I got from amazon: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Effective-Home-Birth-Preparation-Programme/dp/1905220510 if anyone wants to try it.

I have the same one ^ but may have got it for free from pirate bay lol

I wish I could afford the classes, as I am trying to do this at home, and going to yoga once a week. But I have the smallest feeling when it comes to it, all my positive thinking and breathing will go out the window.

Ooooh I have the same cd too! I'm finding it great for relaxing and especially helps me get to sleep and sleep through at the moment! I asked whether anyone thought it worked in labour and birth but will update when it comes to my time!

I have the neo natal hypno therapy cd too find it great and has heleped with some of the more painful braxton hicks Ive had and hope will work well into labour but who knows?!

I am doing the hypnobirthing - think it has really calmed me down with respect to labour coming up and I am even looking forward to it - have been listening most nights for the last 2 weeks but up until then I was only listening a couple of times a week - I got the classes as my birthday present and took my mum along as DH couldn't get out of work - they are really good as is the book for loads of interesting information

Oh I can't get the same one :( I haven't got a cd player only iPods !!! Bugger. I think I'll def download one even if it's just to relax x x

Is there anything i can get for free would really like hypnobirthing but have no spare money :( x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back