• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hypnobirthing

littlemuffin

Reaction score
Hi all,

My parents have said they will pay for me to go to Hypnobirthing classes before the baby is born, as this is a practice I want to use when giving birth.

But one of the girls at my work who baby is due next week, has just been told that she has to have a c-section.

I don't want my parents to pay a lot of money for the classes for me to a week before be told that I have to have a c-section. I know this probably wont happen. But have any of you girls just bought the CD's and books and they have worked or helped without going to the classes??

Thanks x x

The classes will still help you even if you have a c section as it's all about your mindset and often c sections are due to breech babies etc which hypnobirthing is meant to help baby get into best position for birth as well, and you to relax etc. Plus it might help with after pains. Best thing to do is maybe get the book as you have plenty of time and read up on it more before going to classes. I would have loved to do classes but they are too expensive, CDs have been good so far but obviously I've not given birth yet so can't comment on that, but I've no fear and looking fwd to giving birth now!

I have got the CD, which seems good so far, but i can't tell you much more as haven't used it during labour yet!

Ive downloaded the cd onto my iphone and up to now it seems really good hunny x x

I went to the classes as in my area they are offered for free (a 15 hour course). I thought it was brilliant and so did my OH and we said that we would have definitely paid for them if they were not free as it was worth every penny xx

I've just done the cd as couldn't afford the classes, its helped me a lot and I think I have got enough out of it to see me through (fingers x) guess I'll be able to update you on that any day now!!! But I am very relaxed and excited about the thought of labour!!!
I also agree with Sarah13, no one knows if their birth will go as planned, but by preparing to give birth the way you want to ie with the hypnobirthing you do decrease the chances of an intervention being required, plus it will help to keep u calm however it all turns out so I would say still worth doing. Get yourself the book and cd and give it a couple of goes see how you feel about it then book your classes :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwqdaa
Back