HV advised to wean now...

LoopyLouize

Reaction score
Harlow got weighed today and is now 12lbs 11oz at 16 weeks. Still slow weight gain and has dropped her bottles to now 1oz every 4 hours. Health visitor has advised to try her with bits of baby rice and baby porridge and to slowly start weaning her as of now as she's 4 months now. What do you guys think?

I'd say if HV advised it, and your comfortable with the idea, then go for it.

Try her with a little, and if she doesn't take to it you could leave it a wee while. Xxx

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

Sounds like a good idea to me hun xx

If the HV has advised it then I'd try it.

Tried her now with baby porridge and she literally tried yanking the spoon out my hand she wanted more! She's obviously hungry but just doesn't like formula!!! I'm just worried now I've given her the taste that she will refuse her bottle completely! X

Try it in a beaker and see if she'd prefer to try and hold it herself?

I will try that actually. I have just started to introduce the beaker yesterday by just giving it to her to hold whilst empty. She hasn't figured it out yet but suppose if I put some milk in she would get the idea soon enough x

yeah the beaker is a good idea, and i would def follow the HV advice.

keep us updated on how she gets on xxxxxx

I would def wean her and sounds like she's ready!!! Lol xxx

xxx

1ounce doesn't sound like much milk, personally I would follow the advice but that's just me, we've started around the same age.

Last edited:
Thanks girls, I feel loads better now and so does Harlow, I gave her a bottle (only drank 1oz again) gave her a couple of spoonfuls of porridge (mixed it with her milk rather than the boiler water, figured she would be better it mixed with her milk so atleast she's getting it.. She loved it, once she finished it I offered her the bottle back and she downed it! First time she's finished a bottle in over 4 weeks now! X

Brilliant news Hun! Glad the weaning is going well.xx

I have started weaning Alice because she was drinking so much she is on three meals a day a jar at each meal, with milk for breakfast and mid afternoon, she loves her food :) x

She obviously wants food as well then lol how much milk did she take in total??? Also reflux babies are usually weaned early as it eases their tummies xx

xxx

She took 5oz in the end! Yeah my HV told me that but her reflux doesn't seem to bother her as much anymore, I stopped her meds as I thought they might have been causing the problem with her milk. Seems she was just bored of her bottle! Little diva!! X

Oooo bless her 5oz is def better than nothing as well as porridge!!! James takes 9oz every 2 hours!!!! So I'm weaning now even drs have said to do it he loves his food!!!! Xx

xxx

Kayden loves his porridge in the morning he gets double the amount as on packet & still cries when its done.

Hope it all goes well with the weaning, tbh i'd probably do the same thing if i was in your shoes.

This is where the fun begins eh!

xxxxxx

Awww vicki he has a fantastic appetite!!

Thanks Littlemiss, I was optimistic at first but after seeing how much she enjoyed it I am really excited to get the weaning fully on board! I think she will grow up to be fussy... I can tell lol! Takes after her daddy!!! X

hannah is waking up absolutely famished at 4am! she is taking around 35 ounces a day...i am wondering if hr milk is not filling her.....going to up bottles to 8oz from 7 and see how we do with that x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back