Hurt and Confused

youngmum16

Reaction score
Hi all. I'm new to this site so please bare with me as still a little unsure on how to use it lol.

Sooo, my head is a huge mess at the moment. I have my 12 week scan tomorrow afternoon and I'm really not looking forward to it. I have a good reason for this though. I have had 2 early scans as I had unexplained bleeding early on.

Anyways, my OH is completely against this pregnancy (it happened accidentally as I was on the pill) and had tried continuously to get me to have a termination. I refused to go through with it and now he keeps saying we won't work as a couple anymore as he doesn't want our baby. He is coming to the scan tomorrow but keeps saying that he is not happy about it. It is really getting me down and I keep breaking down in tears as I am so upset. I feel he is preventing me from bonding with my baby. We have only been together for 17 months but for the past year he has continuously told me he wants to "start trying for a baby soon", but now it is happening he is totally against it. I just don't know what to do anymore. I love him with all my heart but he is bringing me down about our baby and I am so stressed and hurt.

Sorry for the long post and rant, I suppose I just need reassurance from some other mummies and some helpful advice on what to do or how to get him to come round to accepting our child.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, it is much appreciated.

xXx

Hiya first off congratulations :) maybe now it's actually happening he is scared? If he's willing to come to the scan then that is something :) my guessing is as soon as he sees that little baby kicking and waving on the screen he will totally change his way of thinking xxx

It must be a really tough situation to be in. It's not like you can just ignore his feelings and just bond with the baby anyway, as easy as it sounds. I know it doesn't look like it now, but he will come around. If he has been talking about a baby before you got pregnant, he may just be scared now that it is happening and he is going into panic mode. Has he said why he is so against it now?

Hiya first off congratulations :) maybe now it's actually happening he is scared? If he's willing to come to the scan then that is something :) my guessing is as soon as he sees that little baby kicking and waving on the screen he will totally change his way of thinking xxx

I literally quote becsybabe. My hubby was desperate then when we found out he was so excited, over time he became distant and was driving me insane, went to 12 week scan and he was a blubbering mess. Lol. I was so shocked! His been back to his normal self since and we had a chat and he said he was scared and terrified becoming a dad. Lots of luck for tomorrow I'm sure everything will be fine xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back