Hungry baby formula

Rachel1509

Reaction score
Past 36hrs, Noah has been waking up every 2hrs (all through the night too) for his bottles. He's currently on Cow and Gate Comfort.
When he was both breast and formula fed, he would usually go 3-4hrs for feeds and his nighttime seemed to be increasing in the amount of sleep he was having, but not anymore all of a sudden!

Mum seems to think the milk can't be filling him enough and may need hungry baby. Does this sound right?

Also how would I go from comfort to hungry baby without it impacting on him too much?

Sent from my BlackBerry 8520 using Tapatalk

That was the same with Stanley! He was having 6-7oz every two hours!! I swapped him straight to hungry milk and he's been fine since! Have to be careful though bexause I think I read somewhere that wins can cause them to feed more!!

Good luck :) xx

How old is he?? Couldn't just be going through a growth spurt x

Tbh, sounds like a growth spurt to me. I'd wait a few more days and see if it calms back down :)

is he draining his bottles? maybe give a extra ounce and he might be more satisfied, thats what hv advised i try before going to hungey milk and worked perfct, she was just not getting enough

He's 8 weeks old :)

No he's actually drinking less! He seems to be drinking about half his usual feed (used to drink 4oz but now usually has 2oz). I asked about this on here a few days ago and people replied saying as LO gets older then learn how to use the milk up less or something and its normal.

So maybe I don't need hungry baby afterall!?

Sent from my BlackBerry 8520 using Tapatalk

I think I need this too...he's 3weeks old and being both bf and ff and he'll guzzle 5oz a time..and that's a top up!. Yesterday he was feeding every 2hours and I think today is gonna be the same!

They honestly go through so many growth spurts in the first few months that it's probably that. If it continues for over a week then speak to your HV and see what they suggest. It usually calms down after about 5 days. :)

I wouldn't switch so young it says from birth but not recomended under 3 months
When I switched my lo it didnt increase the time between feeds just reduced the amount he drunk and caused him a week of awful constipation because its harder to digest.

Sent from my E15i using Tapatalk

My hv tld me hungry milk is a con. It's more money and tricks babys tummy into thinking its fuller and it's generally not reccommended. We thought our lo would need to go on this too she's a little piggy but stuck to breast and formula and she seems ok. We are using aptamil though she's having half hour ish breast then top up with 120ml formula and has her days when that's not enough!! X

Last edited:
My hv advised not to put a baby on to hungry baby milk until 6 weeks old . My LO was on Sma gold and it never filled her . I switched to hungry baby milk and she was a different baby . She was alot more content . I waited until my LO was 6 weeks old before I changed the milk xxx

We are on comfort milk too and Alyssia downs 7oz 4 times a day which I think is a lot, is he falling asleep on the bottle or something to stop takin more than 2oz?

We put Jaiden on the C&G hungry baby milk at 3 wks old as he was feeding pretty much constantly and never seemed satisfied, it made him really really constipated :(

So we switched to C&G comfort and stomach wise he's been fine, but have to agree i dont think its as filling as other milks, he now drains 5 6oz bottles a day and sometimes seems like he's still hungry, gonna stick with it tho cos he's putting on weight and is happy/healthy.

Try sticking it out a bit longer like the others have suggested see how it goes xx

I switched from cow and gate to sma gold hungry as the cow and gate gave lo awful wind and she was drinking 120 ml 8 times a day. She seems much happier now with less wind x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back