Hungry ALL the time!? What's up?

KJL

Reaction score
I am starting to feel :wall: Layla is a wk and a day old and seems to want to feed all day long! She feeds for about 15mins, then falls asleep, then about 20mins later is crying again. This has gone on for the last two days and i'm totally exhausted through lack of sleep. Does this mean she's not satisfied or getting enough? Sometimes i wonder if she's sucking efficiently or just wanting to be on the nipple for comfort? Any help would be great, i'm starting to see double i'm so knackered :bored:

Nothings up hun... thats what week old boobie babies do :)

Lil miss still feeds almost all the time with only an hour or so in between feeds. Its what makes booby feeding so hard added to the fact that unless you express only you can undertake the burdern of the constant feeding day and night.

Try and keep her awake during feeds, by rubbing her hands or tickling feet so that she feeds for longer. Whats shes probably doing is having a snack but not getting to the hind milk so waking up for more feeding. Keep putting her on the same breast rather than alternate. Try the same breast about three or four times, before changing.

They will use the boob for comfort so be warned, try a dummy every now and again and see if she will accept that in favour of a boob. :) and hang in there... the first 6 weeks are tough but once you get past them... you will really enjoy it.

its completly normal.. 1st few weeks r damn hard work.. stick to the same breast for atleast 20mins then swap.. and like jo said rub her feet or face

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back