What time?!

Smithy1980

Reaction score
Hi all

I posted a while ago about LO going from sleeping through at 6 weeks to waking every other hour (she's 19 weeks)....oh and I are both knackered and I think I'm going to start giving her a little bit of something to fill her up before bed as she is genuinely hungry when she wakes in the night and nearly pulls my nipple off she's that hungry lol!!

Anyway I've bought some Hipp Organic porridge and also some fruit sachets and was thinking of trying her with a bit of something with the hope she won't be so hungry in the night.

She always has her last feed in the bedroom, light dimmed, quiet etc and normally falls asleep during her feed...we then transfer her into cot from here.

When do u think I should give her the porridge? Obviously she still needs her milk before bed....so I was thinking of bath as normal around 6ish....porridge about 6.30 and then last feed as usual at 7.00?

Just wondering everyone's thoughts please?

Wow sorry for the long post....thanks ladies xxx

Sent from my sparkly new 4s!!!

To start with I'd try giving her a bit of porridge at lunchtime so if it does upset her tummy it will hopefully be out of her system by bedtime.

My LO has his tea at 6.00pm and then bottle at about 7.30pm.

Oh good thinking thank you :) I'm new to all this weaning milarki lol!

I shall try her tomorrow then! Eeeek I'm excited!! (not sure why?!?!) xx

Thanks chick! We're off to baby okay and swimming tomorrow so will wait until thurs! Could be disastrous in the swimming pool otherwise lol :) xx

Baby PLAY lol! Dam predictive text! X

Have you thought about pureeing some fruit or veg to give her to try instead?

Yeah maybe a good idea....are the packets not too great? I've bought so Hipp fruit pouches too....do you think these would be ok? Xx

Fresh food is probably better most of the time then jars or packets when your out and about as if you make it yourself you know exactly what's in it, and there will be far more nutrients. Try tasting the jars and rice yourself, they can be bland and not so nice whereas puree carrot or mango are tasty :) babys can eat food as tasty as we do esp if they have been breast fed as flavors go through breast milk.

Fab thanks chick! Mmmm mango yummy lol! Im procrastinating again today as saw the hv yesterday and she starting going on about growth spurts and how I shouldnt feed her yet and blah blah!!!

She's not the one with baby attached to get booby all night lol! She is still feeding every two hours in the day too....whereas my friends baby who is a week older than LO is going every 4 hours! So I'm thinking she maybe does need something else!!

I also wanted to do BLW too, but am scared this will put a stop to that!

God it's Sooo confusing!!!!! I don't know what to do now :( xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back