HSG....what can they see???

chrest

Reaction score
Hi I had a HSG on Friday and was told "womb looks fine and tubes are open"....so all good. But just wonder what can a HSG find? Can it see cysts, fibroids, polyps, endo?
I am trying to figure out that as the radiologist said everything is fine, does that mean that I do not have any of the above?? As in, if I had any of the above, would she have seen and told me?
Hope that makes sense.

Hi :wave: I'm sorry I can't help you, but wanted to say Hello, and at least the tests are all good :cheer: Have you tried Googling it??

:wave: Hi I have to have a HSG sometime when my next period comes and the information sheets on it says "a HSG is an investigation to look at the shape of the cavity of the womb and at the fallopian tubes to see if they are open or blocked"

I am going for a ultrasound on Wednesday and as far as I know that is to look for cysts etc, Did they say anything to you about a ultrasound? :hug: :hug:

Hi, yeah I've goggled it and found info that says it can see if you have cysts, endo etc, but didn't carify whether it would def see them if you have them so thought to stop me wondering (not that it probably will lol) that I'd ask some ladies who are in the know.

Yes I'm scheduled to have a scan when I go back for my next fertility appt but that isn't til 22nd Dec (next available appt, 6months from 1st appt, cant believe how long) and want to know if there's anything wrong now now now!! Ohhh, I hate all the waiting!!

Thanks for your replies ladies :D

22nd of Dec :shock: :shock: OMG

I wonder why it is so long :think: I have got a scan tomorrow and then when AF arrives (if she arrives :wink: ) I have to ring up to book in for a HSG. I am being investigated for PCOS I don't know if you are or if it is for something else. How long have you been TTC? we have been trying for over a year now so maybe that is why things are moving faster for us :think: :think:

I am sure that the time will fly by and you never know you may have a bean growing by then :wink:

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Aww thanks A&J, I so want my bean soon.

I've been off the pill since dec 06 and charting etc since dec 07 and so far nothing. I'm being investigated for premenstrual spotting as I spotting 7-10days before period, only starting in dec 07. Typical when you sooo want your periods to be normal to ttc, they go all over the place.
Feel quite happy today as am on my partner's private healthplan and have been to dr's and been referred privately for investigations into the spotting as NHS do not seem bothered at all. So in with private tomorrow and hopefully i'll get a scan etc from there so I'll know where I stand.

Good luck for HSG and hopefully it'll results in a bean for you too. As they say you are 30% more fertile for 3months after HSG. So hopefully one of these 3months will be our month. x

Thats good about going private I hope you get a scan soon and get some answers soon.

Sending babydust :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back