How will you feed baby?

muppetmummy

Reaction score
Bottle or breast? I'm just curious at what everyone else is planning.

I was adament that I would be bottle feeding from the start this time, but recently I have started thinking I'd like to give breastfeeding another shot. I only lasted a week at it last time due to milk supply and latching problems (I have breast implants so that could be why, though I was also majorly stressed and James poorly so that could have affected things too.)

Figured I'll have a go, and if it fails at least I know what I'm doing with bottle feeding and formula doesn't seem to have done James any harm. Might try combining the two if I can't breastfeed exclusively, I didn't think of that last time :doh:
I did enjoy the closeness of breastfeeding in the first few days, though the tiredness was really tough! It gives you a good excuse to sit on the sofa cuddling baby though and go on housework strike :lol:

What are your plans/past experiences?

I plan to breast feed - it helps with bonding and is good for baby plus is a lot cheaper too!!! Not sure how long I will do it for, don't have a set length of time.

With my first I did it for 6 weeks, with my second she fed sooooo much that I had to stop after only two weeks, put her on the bottle and she had 6oz of milk 6 times a day!!! She was a very hungry baby!!!!

i will be bottle feeding for a few reasons
mainly because as a child and still to a degree now i was/am lactose intorlarent (sp) it was really server as a baby it runs in the family so the chances of my kids having it are high so i wouldnt be able to feed them as it could make them sick if i drink milk so its easier just to bottle.
also i dont like the thought of a baby sucking on my boobs its just not me dont even want to attempt it lol
those are the main reasons anyways :)
manda xx

I breastfed Callum and Caitlin. With Callum I had to express it and tube feed him as he was prem, but then continued with normal breastfeeding when he was strong enough.

Caitlin was hard work! She was quite a big baby (91/2lb) and was constantly hungry! It took a while for my milk to come in and she fed every 10-20mins for the first 48hours! I was so tired and sore that I nealry gave up, but we got there in the end :)

I plan on breastfeeding this baby too... although my little girl finds the idea "bisgusting" and says "I don't want to see that" with her hands over her eyes :rotfl:

Im planning on breast feeding but as its my first i will have to see how it goes as i have no idea what to expect.

I bottle fed Jamie, just personal preference really. I didn't feel comfortable breast feeding and kinda feel the same this time around. It didn't do him any harm and did not affect the bond between us.

I think with breast feeding you don't know how it's gonna go until you try it, and you shouldn't beat yourself up about it if it doesn't work out.

No need to feel bad for bottle feeding either, James loved his bottle, and had follow on formula until he was two and a bit cos he loved it so much

I agree with you MM, I think there is so much pressure on women to breast feed (because of the obvious benefits) that if you choose not to, or have difficulties breast feeding, the guilt is immense.

When I was having Jamie my midwife obviously had to sell the benefits of breast feeding, but when I explained how I felt she said the most important thing was to have a happy mum that way you have a happy baby, meaning don't beat yourself up about it.

I think if you can and want to do it, fantastic, but unfortunately it's not for me.

I want to give breast feeding a try, but I'm not going to fight through two bouts of mastitis like my sister did! Baby will be on to the formula milk in no time if I feel I'm not managing- why get stressed, ill and unhappy? It'll just ruin those precious first few weeks or months with a new baby. I do like the idea of passing on antibodies via breast milk and know this happens during the first few days so I will stick it out for at least a week I reckon even if it is a struggle.

Im going to breast feed probley for the first 6 weeks then bottle feed thats what i done with the others :D

I was thinking of expressing milk for the first 3 months :)

Haven't thought of doing anything else apart from breast feeding... as others have said will give it my best shot but if it doesn't work out i'm not going to beat myself up about it x

I breastfed my first 2 and am planning to breastfeed this one aswell. :)

Im going to try breastfeeding but like others have said Im not entirely sure whether this method will work.

If I manage to breastfeed & all is going well I plan to express so that Hubby can feed the baby and bond as much as possible but also so that if the baby gets to a stage where it is hungrier than what I can produce then I can grab some that I made earlier from the freezer!!

i plan to breastfeed if everything goes smoothly, would like to express frequently so i don't have to do all the night feeds of course :cheer:

im going to brest feed for three months then try to introduce formula, im getting married 5mths after baby so want her taking bottles by then to give me a day off on my big day!!

I am going to breastfeed. i feel it helps with bonding. my youngest who is 2 i fed her till she was 8 months and she decided one wk that shed had enough. At this point she was also on formula for 2 feeds as she was in childcare during wk. it was def easier esp when u have a crying baby who wants milk now theres no waiting to warm bottle up etc.

however, not everyone can or wants to there is no right or wrong way to feed baby. up to individual

marie 25+3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back