How will you feed baby?

I'm going to try breastfeeding. I find the idea a bit icky though, even though it's natural. I'll see how it goes i guess!

Im going to give breastfeeding a whirl. I never ever thought Id say that because I cannot stand my bb's even being touched, it makes me feel REALLY :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: the thought of something or someone suckling on them also makes me heave and my skin crawl BUT I know really I couldnt give a baby a better start than breast feeding.

I'l try it and see how it goes then at least I have tried and not just gone to bottle as an easy option for me. I like a challenge :lol:

I am going to breast feed I HOPE!!!!
i love the thought of providing life giving food to my little one. And the bonding we will experiance seeing my little cutie looking up at me while feeding nothing more sweet or natural. I will express milk so James can feed our baby too so he can bond. And give me a rest at night (he's not getting out of that)

im going to give the twins their 1st feed of the breast but apart from that im going to bottle feed

I had such a bad experience with Oliver and breast feeding it has put me off(due to the pressue the midwifes put on me and when he wouldnt latch on i wanted to give him a bottle as he was hungary but they wouldnt let me give him one)

If it was one baby i def would of tried and given it another go but i think it will be easier all round if i bottle fed as then both me and OH can feed them at the same time

Bottle for me.

I bottle fed my other 2 and going to do it again this time, I just have a funny thing about my boobs and public!! I just wouldnt feel comfortable with it.

Good Luck to all those who are planning on it though!

I am planning to breast feed too. I have one or two reservations about doing it in front of family members though, although, oddly, I am not too bothered about doing it in a public place (as long as family aren't there).

I am going to give it my very best shot, but like mos tpeople here, I wont be pressured into feeling bad if it doesn't work out.

Being a size 18 I have massive boobs anyway! and as everyone keeps telling me when the milk comes in they will balloon! I am worried about getting they out in front of people. I think I will try to do the first few feeds and maybe express some then onto bottles (but you never know it might not be as bad as I thought) Gonna at least give it a try!

i want to breastfeed if i can but im worried i might not be able to!! My boobs grew at first and got bigger but now they dont hurt at all, doesnt feel like anything's going on in there, should I be able to feel anything at this point??

gymbabeliz said:
i want to breastfeed if i can but im worried i might not be able to!! My boobs grew at first and got bigger but now they dont hurt at all, doesnt feel like anything's going on in there, should I be able to feel anything at this point??

Don't worry you're body will take care of everything later :)

For all your girls with worries about feeding, don't forget the "Ask a mum" section for when you are still pregnant, then the Feeding and Nutrition section for after baby is born.
Try to stay positive about it, like I said, your body will know what to do and with the right support and advice you should be fine :)

i tried breastfeeding but couldnt do it... it was sooo stressfull and sinse going onto the formular i havent looked back.
My baby is doing EXCELLENT. so i dont feel toooo guilty, and i know i did try my best.

I think i will stick to formular again this time, as i want to make things as easy for myself as possible this time round. (i know that sounds selfish) But i feel i have to, as last time my mental and physical state seriously suffered and i cant do it again this time. Not with 2 little ones.

I would love to breastfeed but have to come round to the fact that it probably won't be possible as I had a breast reduction in 2001 :cry:

So most probably bottle for me. I will try breastfeeding (midwife says I won't know if I can until baby is born) but I'm not holding out much hope.

As for the NHS pushing breastfeeding in my FACE on all their baby stuff and all this cr*p about breastfed babies being more intelligent, WHAT?! I'm ignoring it.

I didn't like the nhs trying to make breastfeed either!
I always said i would bottle feed.
But with my babys condition now, if they tell me breastfeeding will help it get stronger, I am willing to do it.

I'm not sure whether i'll breast feed or bottle feed. I breast fed my son but had problems and only managed about a week.

I will probably try to breast feed but, i'm not going to stress myself too much about it.

I am planning to breast feed for as long as I can

What I don't understand is seeing as breast feeding is natural and what our boobs are designed for, why is it so hard!?!

Is it something to do with our modern living why we have problems? or has it always been a struggle so in the olden days before formula they just got a breastfeeding relative to take over?

I'm sure other animals don't have this trouble feeding their young, they also seem to have an easier time in labour too! :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back