How to tell my parents??

Anna B

Reaction score
Hi!
I'm a first time mum to be, and I really don't know how to break the news to my parents.

I'm 26, so I'm hardly a child, but my boyfriend and I have only been together 4 months (though we do already live together), and I am worried the 'rents will react negitivly due to this. Both Paul and I are really happy and excited about the pregnancy, but this is really praying on my mind, any help or advice would be wonderful.

Hi anna, and welcome to the site! :wave:

Id tell them asap to give them a chance to get used to the idea, at the end of the day only you and your partner know if you are ready and your parents can complain all they like, but sooner or later they will realise how happy you are and thier (perfectly natural) fears will be dissolved.

My DF and I had only been together 5 months when we moved in and started trying, so I guess people could say it was pretty quick but we both new it was right and to hell with what anyone else thinks lol

Good luck and let us know how it goes xx :hug:

hello and welcome!!!! :wave:

i'm 25 and had only been with my bf for 3 months. but we really wanted a baby and it felt so right.

my parents are really insane and usually moan about anything i do. when i told them they had guessed as i said i had been sick and were really good about it.

they are really excited now and i feel its brought us closer together.

i'd tell them as soon as you can as the more you worry about it the more stressed you'll be. i worked on the philosophy that they may be angry at first but they will always come around as its a new baby.

good luck

Hello Anna :wave:

Congratulations on your pregnancy :cheer:

I didn't know how to tell my Mum and I'm 29 and had been with my OH for 4 years :lol: unfortunately I don't speak to her anymore, nothing to do with my being pregnant though, so I do understand it can be fretful, but just do what you feel you want to, tell who you want to when you want to, and regardless of what anyone says or thinks, you and your OH are happy, and that's what matters :hug:

Hi Hon me and my OH moved in with each other after only a few months of going out, we're married now and have been together for over 4 years! We had our sceptics at first, but people will come round. I suggest you tell them sooner rather than later because you shouldnt feel ashamed.

Perhaps you and your OH could spend some time with them as the more they get to know him the more relaxed they'll be!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back