had 3 free smoke alarms fitted yesterday

trixipaws

Reaction score
awhile ago i got a leaflet thru the door titled "free smoke alarms" and a number for the local fire station- i foned them and apparently if u arrange an appointment for some firefighters to come visit ur house and do a "safety risk assessment" and give advice on fire safety and stuff and they fit smoke alarms! it was something we never got round to doing :oops: so i called them. every time they said they could visit i was busy and then the one time i wasnt they had to go and fight a fire somewhere so it kept getting put off.

but yesterday, they made it :cheer: they came here, looked around our house, gave me a bit of a ticking off about how dangerous we are with our fire-hazardous 3-way adaptors and electric heaters left plugged in and toaster underneath some cupboards and stuff- and filled in a form and gave us a leaflet- but they were jolly nice and friendly and they fitted 3 smoke alarms with 10-year batteries- suprisingly quick i thought installation would require drilling or something and are ceilings are very very high but they just used a long pole!

im sure its not just my area i think if y'all dont have smoke alarms u should call ur local fire station and ask if they do home risk assessments. i feel so much safer and at ease now- only coz i got a little princess to think of. and as y'all are mothers or going to be mothers then its a wise idea i thought i'd share!

I put my name down for a sililar thing last April and still havnt heard anything :roll: luckily we already have fire alarms

We got free ones fitted the other week. 3 firemen came out to do it but I was at work, would of been nice to meet them :roll: :wink:

The one they fitted upstairs went weird the other day, it just started going off and wouldn't stop, we didn't even have anything on. After a few hours we had to take it down and shut it up (by smashing it) :lol:

We live about 5 doors down from the fire station so I'm gonna call in and ask them to come and fit a replacement one this weekend :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back