How to get a sweep?!

CarlyD

Reaction score
Hi ladies! In my dreams I had a sweep done at the hospital for some reason lol. I have woken up and decided how unfair it is I have to wait until 40+4 (I know, how petty lol) as my midwife/midwives only work Mondays and tuesdays and Monday was fully booked when I tried to call for an appointment a week in advance! Grr!

My question is - I will be exactly 40 weeks on Friday.. So would it be possible to book a doctors appointment and request the doctor to do it? Will said doctor be pissed off and think I'm wasting his time? Are they all qualified to do it? Do I need a better excuse? My mum had 2 failed inductions and went wayyy overdue so I could argue that I think it's better to try and get things started asap? Or I could say it looks like I can't make my Tuesday midwife appointment and didn't want to wait til the FOLLOWING week (41+4) to have it done? I could exaggerate my pregnancy ailments and just beg?

Any advice? Other than the obvious "be patient" lol :) I have dreamt about it every night and I was really down all day yesterday over it. Pathetic I know, but I'm desperate! I'm 90% sure m cervix will be favourable as midwife mentioned how soft it was at 36 weeks and I've continued the EPO orally and inserting to keep things that way lol :)

Thank you in advance xxx

Ooh brainwave! Bear with me...

I used to be registered at the local NHS walk-in centre, so they were my GP and the midwives there worked Thursdays and Fridays. If I go for a walk-in appointment, but ask to see the midwife..? When asked I could say there was no way I could make my Tuesday appointment with my own midwife and was concerned about going so far over without seeing one? I remember I had my booking in appointment, and one or two others there and the midwife was really nice!

I may well phone first thing on Friday to see if they'll let me get a walk-in with a midwife... Will they probably say no? Tell me the midwife doesn't see unregistered patients and if I'm concerned to see a doctor? Yes I imagine I will be shot down like that.

I wonder what the protocol would normally be for being unable to make your midwife apppintment for pretty much the last one.. They only offered me one slot on one day so it must happen :/

Nothing like a 6am stress ramble!! Haha. I have definitely been pregnant too long!

Lol. Our walk in centre doesn't have mw's cos the labour ward is only down the road. Maybe ring labour triage and see if you can have one done there?

I ave to talk to the receptionist and let her know what was wrong so she can book me in with the right people. Maybe ask them and they'll know if your docs can do it.

I think it's a bit of a mission getting a gp to do anything internal cos if it's a bloke they have to have female supervision to stop any allegations etc

Yay!! Small victory but managed to wrangle myself an appointment Monday morning instead of tuesday afternoon, and was pretty much told I'd be having stretch and sweep :D 4 more days to get through. I have faith it will be successful!

Hoping sods law will ensure I end up going into labour on my own before then haha, after all that hassle :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back