Do you think I'm able to request a sweep?

Zoeox

Reaction score
Or do they refuse to do them before 40weeks?
I have a midwife appointment on Wednesday when I will be 39+1 and its been wrote in my book that it will be my 40 week appointment.
Do you think I will be able to request a sweep, I know they don't always work and can be uncomfortable but worth a try. But don't want to be thinking I may be able to if she definately won't.
x

Sorry I don't know the answer but my appointment is on wednesday and i'll be 39+5, I'm really hoping that she will let me have one!

I was thinkin the same thing! I have mw tomorrow so will let u know if she does it or not!! She won't do anythin if the little monkey still isn't engaged tho :(

Will keep u posted!

My mw said no at 40 weeks but I went into labohr that day anyway. She would only do it at 41 weeks

Sent from my GT-S5570 using Tapatalk

Ahh let me know how you get on Carly, just thinking because she put it as 40week appt and first baby they normally sweep at 40?
xx

Let us know how u get on carly cos I have midwife on tues & my sweep isnt until a week on Friday wen I'm 40+6 & would rather it done sooner too x

Last edited:
It's the policy of the nhs in this area not to do them until 41 weeks. I asked the midwife why and she said the success rate is much better from 41 weeks and if done too early they can irritate the cervix too much and prolong the early tiring parts of labour without anything really happening. So we just have to wait until Wednesday when I'll be bang on 41 weeks lol!

Have to be 41+ weeks here for mw to do one x

Ooo i won't get my hopes up for one then, :) x

I've not been told the earliest they do it so will ask tomorrow and hope for the best!

They wouldnt do me on my due date when i had an appointment they whould do it the week after (41) but i went into labour the day after my due date anyway! So i would jsut wait the week xx

They wont do them in our area till your 41 either. I guess you can always ask, but by sounds of things i wouldnt get your hopes up. lol xxx

Decided I think I'm just going to live it out and let him come when he's ready :) x

id imagine they wouldnt even consider it unless you were over a lil bit. being as 40 weeks is term they dont have to do squat unless your medically suffering in some big way.

Carly, I think pip will be one of these babies that engages in labour, x

its just changed here 2 weeks ago to 40 weeks

You have to be 7 days late to get a sweep unless it's for medical or health reasons c

way too many replys to read trough n see what th girls have said but my mw said they wait and do the first one the at my 40 + 1 app with the consultant or who ever we see in the hsp that day

can never hurt to ask though :)

I've decided against asking anyway, letting him come on his own x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back