A sweep

Levi89

Reaction score
Hi ladies! Had my midwife appointment today and explained that Gregs started a new job and since hes working away he'll be here for only 3 weeks etc. so she was saying that she could book me in for a sweep just before he's home... Can anyone explain the ins and outs? I mean I'll be like 39 weeks so what is the chances of it actually working :| So confused! Xxx

im geettin on on wednesday at my 40 + 2 app, my mw said the first one doesnt have that hight a success rate im afraid hun but defo worth doing,she said they litrely just run there finger around to loosen the membranes and hope it might start thigs off , unless there ore than one way of doing it i dont know

It might just speed up things if you were about to "pop" anyway. Worth a try;)

Xx

Oh, I hoped it would be pretty successful! Worth a try I suppose lol :) I asked about trying castor oil and my midwife about screamed blue murder at me haha (she's a timid wee thing - bless her!) Lol. So I've been told not to... I didn't think it was that bad if I wasn't over the 40 week stage! Lol xxx

it tends to be more successful on the second go, so if you get the first sweep done at least before ur partner is back, then maybe get another one whilst he is here (wk later) it is more likely. the second one did it for my sister who was 12 days late

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back