How soon?

emma10

Reaction score
Hi :wave:

I maybe gate crashing here, but i really think you ladies will be able to help me... :think:

How soon after conception will a pregnancy test show positive?

I ask because i have two possible dates, my periods are iregular you see and my last one being around May!!??

Im nearly sure i concieved on either
4th July
or the 2nd Aug
i did my pregnancy test on the 9th of Aug and it was positive, would this be to soon for conception to have taken place on the 2nd of Aug, im trying to get my dates??

Thanks

Emma x

Sorry.... rambling again! :lol: basically i did a pregnancy test on the 9th Aug it was positive :)

There are only two possible times that i could have concieved the 4th July or 2nd Aug
im just wandering if it is possible for the test to show positive after only 7days, i was convinced it must have been the 4th July, but now im wondering if it could be from the 2nd Aug.

Thanks

If you conceived on the 2nd Aug you would only be 7 dpo (days past ovulation) and thats really really really rare! I think i only know one person on here ever that has tested pos so soon. Normally people get a positive at 10 dpo, some not as soon as that it can be two weeks after their AF (period) is due. I would retest with a clear blue digital asap because you tested several weeks ago so a test will tell you for definate right now, anytime of the day (since you are so many weeks past ovulation and testing!!!!)

Hi Emma

I would think you conceived on the 2nd July as like Sammy says, 7dpo is VERY rare to test +ve so the chances are it's the 2nd July... You should go down to the docs and tell them you're not sure on your dates and they'll be able to do a dating scan (I think?!) and tell you for certain. I would think July if it were me...

Congratulations

x

Thanks ladies!

ive been to see the midwife already, and am waiting for my dating scan now... i am just trying to establish some sort of EDD, looks likely then im around 12wks, unless im one of those very rare ones! either way i shall just have too be patient.

Thanks again x

Fingers crossed you guys get ur BFP's very soon xx :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back