how practical?

Oliver's mummy

Reaction score
well for this baby im plannin on buying a mei tai/ carrier and just using that from birth and not buying a buggy/ pram especially for baby.

how practical do you think this is as oliver is still in a buggy and would save on a double.

any advice/ suggestions welcome :)

very practical :D

The baby will love being close to you and as you said it would save on a double buggy :D

but did you find that just after having a newbie your back ached or anything?

i wore oliver from about 6 months, so i had recovered from the birth.

would this affect me wearing baby at all?

which is the best type of mei tai do you feel, i am discussing with maria about hers because of the wide straps :)

I wore Finlay from when he was about 3 weeks and loved it. Wasn't a strain at all :D

I used a wrap for the early months though. I didn't have a Mei Tai then so can't comment but they are fab for Finlay now so I would imagine that it would be fab for newborn too. But a wrap or a Mei Tai would be perfect.

I'm planning on wearing the next one much more than I wore Finlay :D

Oh I've never had a sore back from wearing Finlay - apart from after a car crash

Maria's Mei Tai is fab :D I LOVE my one :D

thanks ladies,

im thinking what ill do is buy a carrier from maria and putting the cash aside incase i need to get a from birth buggy and if i dont ill just save it for baby and oliver.

does that sound rational? :think:

Sounds like an idea :D

Hopefully you'll love wearing LO so you won't need the pram :D

Bee said:
Sounds like an idea :D

Hopefully you'll love wearing LO so you won't need the pram :D

Thank you for your advice Bee and Kalia , I do appreciate it

would you mind if i PM'd you if i need any help with carries :)

Not at all :D Its not very often that I have a use.

There are a few threads on here about slings etc so maybe do a little search for more info if you need it.

Have fun picking your Maria Mei Tai! She makes a fab Mei Tai :D

Yay for wraps! I have a pushchair too, but LO fusses much more when he's in it, so I used a wrap pretty much from the word go... and it was comforting for me to have him close! I havent had any back issues at all, and I wear him most of the day. Putting money aside just in case sounds sensible though!

I wore C from the start, I remember walking into town two days after she was born and I had her in a pouch sling. I also used my stretchy wrap, I found that miles better as it felt more secure and meant I could also look after S. I have back problems but a good sling will make that not an issue.

I found it perfectly practical carrying C whilst using a pusghchair with S. In fact I couldn't see how it could be more impractical then a massive double buggy, especially around the shops - plus you (and of course baby) get all the benefits of babywearing.

Last edited:
I wore Eden from just a few days old and didnt really use the pram much at all in the early days. I still wear her now much more than we use her pushchair, although we do use both now. Depends where we are going and how long for, and also whether I am chasing round after my son as well! x

I carried Kieran from the start while Nathan was in the pushchair. I did buy a double but hated it so sold it on ebay.

I found it much easier to carry Kieran and have Nathan in the pushchair/walking than having to use the double.

I still carry Kieran now and since getting my new carrier it dosen't hurt my back at all to carry him, even for long periods of time :)

thanks for all your ladies advice and experience, a maria mei tai it is. i have chosen the fabric too :)

i do have a wrap and will have a mei tai soon. yay

its good to know what parents who had kids of a similar age did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back