How old was LO when they went into a pushchair?

Grace'sMummy

Reaction score
Hi Mummies :wave:

Well as the question says I'm wondering how old were your LO's when they went from pram to pushchair? When I'm out and about with Grace if she's not in the sling and has to be in the pram she seems to get so fed up now. She's not happy to lay and look up at me or go to sleep anymore - she's too interested in the world and what's going on around her which is fair enough!

But I think she's too little to go in a pushchair. She's only 10 weeks, although she's a big 10 weeks, weighed today at 13lb11oz!! What do you think? How old were you're LO's when they stopped going in the pram?

We changed Rudys pram into a pushchair when he was about 3 months. They say to wait until 6 months on the pram I have but I just make sure the back is reclined rather than upright, he hated it as a pram but loves it as a pushchair and will say in there for ages.

Hope that helps.

Alex xxx

We did the same as you alex. Its easier for me aswell, the pram bit was awful bulky.
I just put the straps to the tightest setting.

Angel has a pushchair that laid flat, so i used to take her out in that at about 2 months! Then when she got a bit older she was going for short walks at the next highest setting. She loved looking round so at about 3 months she was sat up a bit and every few minutes i'd lay her down again.

We held out to near on 4 months and Galen was HUGE by this time. At 10 weeks he was bigger than your LO and we had him slightly up in his pram. Mind you we had a pram that could be sat slightly upright as he got bigger and had control of his head. So we didn't have to keep him lying flat all this time.

FWIW you should not sit them up in a pushchair till they have head control properly and I doubt at 10 weeks your LO has this. If you have one you can sit slightly uright then that would be ok, but actual upright as you would for an older baby is not good. Baby still needs to be reclined for a while yet. And for longer periods or sleeping I'd go to the lie flat option.

em I think it was 4 or 5 months. He got too big for the pram :lol:

Thanks for the replies guys :)

I think I'll have a play with the pushchair to see if I can get it to recline back far enough so she's nice and comfy.

She's really bored of the pram already, she's so nosy and Mummy's not interesting enough anymore! :D

We actually waited until six months, but then DD is mainly carried in a sling. When she is in the pushchair she still faces me now though.

Maia went into her pushchair at 9 weeks, she seemed much happier in there. Maia was a big baby though which helps!

about 3 months.if he couldnt see what was going on he would scream :rotfl:

I have just changed Olivia from pram to pushchair this week. She was 16 weeks on Monday and weighed in at 131b 7. When I went into town on Wednesday I realised she didn't look that comfy in the pram as her head was right at the end, (she's very long), and she was straining to look about her. I changed it to the pushchair setting and reclined her back a bit. She seems to like it as she is a right Nosy Posy :lol:

I changed her to the pushchair at 3 months exactly, she also has been sat up in it from the start (not bolt upright but up so she can see the world) she screams if i lie her down in it but enjoys being sat up watching the world.

abcd1234 said:
she also has been sat up in it from the start (not bolt upright but up so she can see the world) she screams if i lie her down in it but enjoys being sat up watching the world.

Ditto, almost right form the start she wanted to be more upright and I could never get her to lie flat when she was awake, also bad snotty nose so she could breathe better more upright. I would put it flat as soon as she was asleep though. I used the sling more in the beginning anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back