• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How old to go from pram to pushchair??

hellywelly

Reaction score
Evie HATES her pram with a passion. We haven't even used it for weeks as she screams blue murder when I lie her flat - we just pop the car seat on to the frame instead. She has always hated being on her back and is a very 'upright' baby - she has been forward facing in the baby bjorn for about a fortnight now - must be nosy like her mother!!

Do you think it would be alright to turn the pram into the pushchair seat now? The book doesn't give any guidelines (it's a Bugaboo Chameleon) but she is nearly 11 weeks and weighs 13lbs with fairly good head control. Thought I could turn it into the pushchair but then still leave it fairly reclined. Am worried about spinal issues, but in fairness we are never in it longer than about an hour? How old/what size were your LOs when they started using their pushchair?

My friends little boy has been in his pushchair for about 3 weeks now (he's 3 days older than Tilly).

He looks fine in it tbh. I'm toying with the same thing but I love the look of the pram with the carrycot so I'm dragging it out lol

Tyler only just has had a few trips out with the seat layer back slightly but he's been in his car seat for months! I've just brought a stroller for him, I'm gonna miss having him facing me :(

I'm going to give it a whirl. Only thing is I just read the booklet on how to convert it from a pram to a pushchair and I think I need to contact the Open University about a degree in engineering...

she should be ok hun i know most buggies that dont fully recline flat recommend usage form 3 months and ur not far off that!! so would see how she gets on :)

Ours says strict use only from 6 months and up :( though it does have a position to raise the head a little in the pram so they don't stay completely flat...

Mine says 6 months but he was so unhappy in his pram as he cudnt see so we swapped about a month ago and he is fine but he is sitting up on his own already so has got good back strength!
xxx

I can't find anywhere in the booklet where it gives an age/weight limit? Now I'm a bit worried. She can still almost recline even in the pushchair bit, and will still be facing me.

I can't find anywhere in the booklet where it gives an age/weight limit? Now I'm a bit worried. She can still almost recline even in the pushchair bit, and will still be facing me.[/QUOTE

not sure which one you got but just taken the specifics froma bugaboo cameleon on mothercare, and it seems ur ok to use it from birth

Features and benefits for Bugaboo Cameleon Pram and Pushchair Base - Dark Grey

• Suitable from birth
  • Lightweight aluminium chassis
  • Adjustable suspension
  • Compact fold
  • Travel system compatible (car seat and adaptors available separately)
  • Adjustable handlebar height: 97-113cm
  • Folded size: 90 x 60 x 30.5cm
  • Weight: 9.28kg

Last edited:
Bugaboo Chameleon. The carrycot changes into the pushchair bit. Just had a look on their website and they say 6 months or when sitting unaided so looks like it's a bit too soon. :( Shame as it seems a complete waste of the pram as she won't use it, and I think her spine would be much less scrunched up in the pushchair than it is in the car seat!!

Bugaboo Chameleon. The carrycot changes into the pushchair bit. Just had a look on their website and they say 6 months or when sitting unaided so looks like it's a bit too soon. :( Shame as it seems a complete waste of the pram as she won't use it, and I think her spine would be much less scrunched up in the pushchair than it is in the car seat!!

i seen what u had so edited what i wrote and mothercare website says its suitabl from birth but i could be looking at the wrong type here is link

http://www.mothercare.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-MCENGB-Site/default/Product-Show?pid=917472

Would she be happy if you were putting a blanket under the pram mattress to raise it a little?

6 months?!? Blimey. Tilly will have outgrown the carrycot by then I reckon.

Surely it's no different from having them sit in a rocker or bouncer?

I think 6 months is a bit extreme.

I've already put a blanket under the mattress to raise her head - she isn't impressed!! lol I might just turn it into the pushchair anyway as we've got nothing to lose, and then if it isn't ok she can just keep on using her car seat for a bit longer. We aren't using it as a pram - it is just turning into an expensive living room ornament! (And the cat keeps sneaking in for a quick nap if I don't keep my eye on him!!)

WE tried it for short trips to start off with to see how he got on but he loved it so we just run with it!! I was in a pushchair from abotu 3 months and I have a perfectly straight spine!!
xxx

Tyler only just has had a few trips out with the seat layer back slightly but he's been in his car seat for months! I've just brought a stroller for him, I'm gonna miss having him facing me :(

We have a stroller part for our travel system that can face us when pushing :) i hate having Francesca forward facing! It feels weird!! x

Ruby was in her pushchair part of the pram from 3 months as she hated laying flat and is very nosey she loves it xxx

We have a stroller part for our travel system that can face us when pushing :) i hate having Francesca forward facing! It feels weird!! x

so dxoes minbe just cant get it up and downstairs on my own

Have you tried a wedge thing you can get for babies to put in theyre cot so theyre not flat but put it in the carrycot so she's at an angle but back still flat iykwim?!

the carrycot bit on mine had a bit that can be put sitting up at 3 diff heights so alyssa is still happy in it and i use the carrycot part for her naps lol. once shes too big for the carrycot its into her cot for naps and i'll use the pushchair attatchment. i reckon if she can sit up fairly well it should be fine if you recline it as much as she will allow, thay have to say 6 months i think for health and safety as they cant take any risks

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back