How often to have sex when ttc??????

Louise1980

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I am just wondering from people trying to conceive or people that have just conceived,how often they actually have sex during their fertile time?When i got pregnant with my daughter,i only did it once during fertile time,so was lucky!!!!!How often do you thinks about right?someone i know did it twice a day every day and got pregnant,any ideas or experiences?
I worry that if you do it too much you may get a bit raw inside and it won't happen but also think its a good idea so you don't miss a day xxxx

i do it the day of ov the day after ov and 4 or 5 days before...its worked once but it didnt stick xx

Well, I can only tell you from my very limited experience, but the month I conceived, we done it every day around ovulation, twice on ovulation day! Some people say this is not as effective, but worked for me, lol! I would personally see that the more you bd, the more chance you have of becoming pregnant.

Good luck and fx for you!
xxxx

Hello...

I am just starting to try and my OH thinks all his Christmas's have come at once...ha ha...

I worry that we won't be able to have sex enough and at the right times cos I have a very stressful and tiring job but the doc told me just do it 2 or 3 times a week, every week and i should be fine. he he

Apparently the older you get the more likely you are to ovulate at all different times of the month too.....it's all so confusing..... xx

I just got my BFP today. Me and OH only BD's twice this month. Once about CD9 and once 3 days before OV. I honestly didnt think we'd do it this month but it turns out we have. Just goes to show you don't need to BD every day leading up to OV to get pregnant.
Good luck hun. xxx

Me and DH only BD'd once the month he knocked me up :good:

Thanks ladies, that's really nice to know instead of stressing that you haven't done it enough and you're out before start!

My doc told me 2 or 3 times a week every week should do the trick!! But planning to do it more than that if we can!:)

I did the 2 pillows under my bum n legs in the air thing - not sure if there's scientific evidence of that being worthwhile but it can't hurt and is free!

Some say the sperm is not as good if too often and actually 3 times a week gives you a better chance. The sperm can last a few days in there doing their swimming thing so dont need to at it all the time... unless you want to. Im no expert but dont think its good to put pressure on you both to perform when not in mood etc. You will know yourself what feels right. Good luck and enjoy !

Thanks ladies,like i said i only had it once during my fertile time with my daughter,but was very lucky!But as i have been ttc for 6 months thought i should maybe try every day or every other to give me a higher percentage!x

Hi Louise, we only did it once this month and that was the day after OV but we usually do it before and after OV.
We are in our 3rd month TTC and we are trying to keep it as relaxed as possible for the time being but im 35 in Feb amd my OH is 43 so if I dont get my BFP soon i will be going to the docs!

Hope you get your BFP soon xxx

It's hard to stay relaxed though when you want something so much isn't it?I'm 30 and OH is 46,so my OH doesn't want to feel to old for this one.Would the doctor do anything if we hadn't been trying that long?x

the past few months I have only really been focusing on BD at my fertile times and this has not been successful.... so this month I said to DH that we will be doing the dirty a minimum of 3 times a week no less, because my cycles vary so much it is hard to pin point the exact date of OV so by doing it this way I am covered no matter what..... and DH certainly isnt complaining!!

Lol they love it don't they?they think their lucks in bigtime when ttc x

It's hard to stay relaxed though when you want something so much isn't it?I'm 30 and OH is 46,so my OH doesn't want to feel to old for this one.Would the doctor do anything if we hadn't been trying that long?x
Ive heard that if your 35 and have been TTC for 6 months then they will do tests, not sure for under 35's?

I've been told every other day before during and after is sufficent and it work when we were trying for our daughter, even worked a month ago for us but sadly I lost our baby at seven weeks this time. But back onthe horse and trying again but don know where my cycle is since the miscarraige?:( making the most of DH being home at the moment and enjoying BDing every other day and of course more if we are in the mood:) good luck to everyone TTCxx

We have BD'ed 3 times since AF left and hopefully will keep going at least every other day if not every day as usual.

We're trying something new each month to keep it fresh and exciting lol. Last month we started out trying to do it every day but it was a bit sore & both of us got rotten colds.

This month we're doing it every other day but on Monday morning we got a bit carried away, even though we weren't supposed to do it til Tuesday lol. So we're not being too strict about it, just when the mood hits us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back