how often have they checked your weight?

twinmummy2be

Reaction score
hi - just curious about this. I thought my weight would be checked regularly by the MW but i've just realised they haven't weighed me since the 12 week scan. I kinda keep a check on it myself but have started to wonder if they should be checking this?

What d'ya think?

i think ive only had my weight checked once or twice. the reason they don't check your weight so often nowadays is because they don't put so much empasise on weight gain during pregnancy now as things such as fundal height are better indicators of how the baby (or in your case babies :wink: ) is growing. remember things like carrying a lot of water can affect your weight and wouldnt have anything to do with how the baby was growing. :D

I got mine checked at my booking appointment and also a few weeks ago when I had my downs blood test (they need your weight to calculate the risk).

I havent had it done at any of my other appointments, like little*red says, they rely more on fundal height to monitor the babys growth :)

I haven't been weighed at all. I had to fill in my weight myself at the booking in appt, but it was never checked. I think it would just be one more thing to be paranoid about so I'm quite glad really!

my obstertrician sad your weight gain has absolutely nothing to do with your babies weight so they don't check although i check my wieght once a week I like to know how my weight is going

I'm in the States and they checked my weight at the initial appointment at 10 weeks, then at 14 weeks and at 20 weeks. They do it every time I go, along with a urine sample too! I don't mind too much but it is interesting seeing how my weight has fluctuated! I actually lost 8lbs between 10 and 14 weeks! I'm just coming up for 21 weeks and the last time I was weighed I was still 5 lbs under what I was when I became PG! But according to the scans, I have a healthy baby, whose growth seems to be 2 weeks ahead!

i never got weighed thank god as i think i put on about 5-6 stone! :evil:

I got weighed at booking in appointment and then again at second appointment - but never since.

i think above posters have covered the weight not being relevant bit, I thought I'd be weighed more too.....doesn't bother me that I haven't though :wink:

I've been weighed by midwife twice and once at hospital, apart from that I do it myself :hug:

once at my booking appointment and thats it.

Well apart from the 20 times at home that is

My GP weighed me at 9 weeks and I've not been weighed since.

I also check about once a week though!

I was only weighed at my booking in appointment! They told me unless you are over/underweight to start with they dont check! But I would think every area is different as with a lot of things!! I'm glad too cos I feel like i've put LOADS on!!

Hi

Here you get weighed every appontment so once a month ect , guess its different everywhere
Katrina

Only got weighed once with this pregnancy so far at my booking in appointment :wink:

Brings to mind a funny memory from last time... standing on pay-to-weigh scales in a pub toilet at 8 months pregnant and laughing my head off maniacally when I saw the result :rotfl:

Hello again! :wave:

Was reading in my book that nowdays they prefer to keep your weighings to a minimum as it makes women anxious and stresses us.

When I had B & T, I was weighed every time!

I only was at my booking appointment too. I thought they were meant to weight you at every appointment, not thought until I read your thread. :shock:

Hello,
I've haven't been weighed at all or asked my weight. I asked one of the midwives whether they would, and she said that they weren't really that concerned about weight since it varied so much between women. I found this quite nice in a way, but on the other hand would have quite liked it confirmed that my weight was 'ok' - I'll probably ask about it at the next appointment!

I havent been weighed yet.. at my booking in session with mw she asked how much i weighed and i said i dont know..around 8st? and she just marked that down :?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back