Weight gain and the Pregnancy Police

sasswa

Reaction score
Hi troops,

Well, I think I did the mistake yesterday of weighing myself. It was the first time since my 12 week scan. Apologies I'm going to be talking in kilos here (Australian). At my 12 week scan I was 74kg's and she said I was on the brink of being overweight - my normal weight is around 64kg's.

Weighed myself yesterday and I'd hit 80.6kg's!! That's 6 kg's in 6 weeks - flippin' heck!

OH reckons they'll give me a blasting at the next appointment next week - 20 weeks.

BUT - it's winter, I'll eat what I want and bugger exercise in this weather! And I curse any person that tries to get you to diet whilst pregnant. AND - so fricking what! Who care's that you put on weight - oh I can't wait to hear from the 'Pregnancy Police' to hear what they have to comment re weight-gain.

Does anyone else get fed up with these so-called know-it-alls? Oh yeah, they either have never been pregnant or they are men.

Comments please ladies.

Sass

Sasswa i agree thy have never been pregnant or are men.

I have put on 3 and a half stones in my pregnancy (dont know how much that is in KG)

I think maybe the reason im so overdue is hat im feeding baby too well so she does not want to come out. x

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Here Here girls.. sod the pregnancy police.. we are the ones who have to endure these long months and as you say S the winter time is cruel on the figure anyway.. I dread to think how much I have gained as I was so fit and healthy when I got my BFP but being told I cannot excercise has really buggered up my weight maintenance!!

Lets be honest.. if we are happy and healthy and our little Bods and Beans are fine.. whats the problem.. I understand that too much gain can be a problem but when spring and summer come closer we will all eat rabbit food and those extra kg's will drop off [hopefully!!!]

right.. off for my second breakfast !! :wink: :wink: :wink:

if you feel healthy and your giving your litle bean enough vits and minerals then what does it matter how many punds you put on... easier said than done! I'm constantly checking my weight and i'm only in my 16th week...

Last week i'd put on 5lb - this week i've added anothr 1lb... if i add a 1b a week i'll be going up 2st 2lb by 40 weeks....

Jo Jo any movement yet?

x

know how you feel sasswa ive put on a lot of weight in the first half too although mine has slowed a little now try not to worry at the end of the day as long as baby is ok who cares how much weight we gain it will soon come off after the birth xxxx

No movement Hayley. Looks like im being induced on Thursday.

Anna Marie i have 2 breakfasts everyday too. Its my favourite meal of the day. I really dont know how im going to stop eating when the baby is born, hopefully ill be too busy to think about food.

Weight watchers here i come.

Ive eaten whatever I've wanted to - and I'll deal with it after the little one is here!!!!

I dont care what anyone thinks!!!!! I got told I was too thin before so this will give them something else to talk about LOL :D

L x

Don't worry about your weight at all :lol:
You're pregnant for goodness sake :)
Enjoy it. :lol:
In some regions of the UK they don't weigh you at all through pregnancy. I was weighed at 10weeks and then again at 36weeks. And haven't been weighed since.

i think its the same here bubbleone i was weighed at hospital at 10 weeks and not due for another consultant appointment till 36 weeks my midwife not weighed me at all when i mentioned the weight to her she just laughed and told me not to worry about it xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back